Suicide to become an organ donnor

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fox in the Woods, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox in the Woods

Fox in the Woods Active Member

So everything was going fine for a while since the police came round and stopped me from killing myself and got me in touch with a team of psychologists, psychiatrists and doctors which got my life back on track. They finished their job and I was ok for a few months. Until I noticed that my medication was again affecting me in a bad way this time my balance and having migraines where i can't see anything at all (last time with zoloft it was nausea and lethargy) so I went to my doctor. AGAIN, another doctor didn't want to hear what I had to say and basically told me to get over it. I get migraines every day because of it. I'm in touch with my old psychologist who has helped in the past and is the best one that I have been to but I still feel guilty about taking to her about my problems because she has her own issues to deal with.

I have just got back at uni from a break. I don't fit in with any of the perfect people in my classes and I feel like a freak all the time. I don't think that I am anywhere as near as smart at them at all. I already failed my maths class and now I have to get tutored and do it again. I can't get away from the depression and the fact that life is shit and I still have flashbacks from the rape. Again, when i told a doctor about this issue they told me to get over it.

I am so fed up with life and I cannot see any point in holding on any longer because I have tried hard all my life in everything and never get what I want out of it. I just want it all to stop I can't deal with this anymore. I want to be free. I don't want to have to care anymore.

So I have decided to kill myself and donate my organs so I can be of some use to the world in my seemingly selfish act of taking my own life. The only problem is I think I heard somewhere that they won't accept the organs of someone who has suicided because an autopsy needs to be done. I live in Australia, every country has different laws and rules though.

And no, I really do not think that my life and be of more use with me being alive and using it. My life has proved that over amd over again with horrible things happening again and again despite my efforts to make a better life for myself and those around me. I've tried everything to make it better and nothing works. I have no idea what else to do. I can't just hang on because I have nothing to hang on to. My family doesn't understand and my friends would be too freaked out if they knew anything that was going on.

This is the only way.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time...but don't give up yet...
    find some new doctors who will listen to you and won't say "get over it"..
    You have a right to be heard and they should be adjusting or changing your meds until you find the right one for you..
    I don't think you would be able to donate organs after a suicide...to use the organs in time you would have to be found almost before you were gone....and they'd save you anyway...
    and in Australia they do do an autopsy after suicide....my son had to have one..even though he left a suicide note..
    If you have family think of how they will feel if you take your life..their lives will be destroyed and I know you don't want that for your loved ones..
    please try to get some more help...

3. vinceynoir

vinceynoir Member

Oi Fox in the woods,

Private message me with your story. I'm from Australia too. My dad killed himself when I was 18. I know the consequences of his actions and I don't want to see it happen to you.

4. tranceadikd

tranceadikd Member

I too am from Australia. If you need anyone to talk to, just pm me.

Organs need to be taken out of the lifeless body and put in the new body i think within 4 hours so I dont think you can really suicide and become a donor. I recently had a stint in the ICU n Pysch ward after a failed attempt and my method of suicide would not have let me be a donor.
    But i am a registered donor!!

Also i notice in vic ne way the metal health system sucks HARDCORE and its a wonder why suicide is on the increase. That 3 weeks in pblock did NOTHING except isolate me from the outside world.
    No doctor unless they no ur complete history will ever take u seriously (i have found this out tooooo many times)

As i said need ne one to talk to im here!
    Trance--

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I can tell you one thing, with your life being alive you can make a stronger more permanent difference in this world. Sure your donated organs may or may not help someone else for a short period of time, but with your life, and experience once you make it through this would touch countless lives, and make a bigger impact. Organs fail donated or not, but your charity through spare time, testimony, and love will never fail. I hope you understand what I am saying. :hug: Blessings..
    Hope can be found once you stop believing that it doesn't exist. :)

6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say you are a better person than I, for wanting to donate your organs.

7. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I'm from Australia too and I asked if I could donate my daughter's organs after she suicided, but she had been dead for too long, the funeral home would not even let me see her body. You lucky you have got some help, after I did it and ended up in hospital, the CAT team saw me, and told me there was nothing they could do for me. They told me I wasn't depressed either. Yet when I was in hospital for something else, they left file in the room and my husband snuck a look, and the CAT team said I get depressed under stress.

Why don't you go and see your old psychologist again, she is paid to listen to your problems. If she didn't listen to people's problems she wouldn't be getting paid, and if she got sick of listening to people's problems she would go and find another job.

8. NYC808

NYC808 New Member

Not just anyone can be an organ donor. Your heart must still be beating in order for your organs to be harvested. So in other words, you have to be brain dead. There is no way I am aware of to insure that this would happen to you so I don't think your plan is likely to work. With that said, the fact that you want to use your death to help others shows that you have a good heart and you're a great person. I'm so sorry about your circumstances and believe me, I know where you're coming from. What has worked for me in the past has been volunteering because it takes away the feeling of worthlessness that I get sometimes. It really makes me feel like I can have a positive impact on the world instead of just living a meaningless existence, which is how I used to feel about my life. I know it's really hard to motivate when you're depressed but try to find someway to volunteer that you would really enjoy. I volunteer regularly at an animal shelter because I love animals. I admire your desire to help others but I would not want you to end your life to do so. You could do so much more good for many more people if choose to live. Plus, you can be happy while you do that. It's entirely possible to get out of the depression you're in. And it's entirely possible that you will live a full and happy life once you do. I wish you the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.