Suicide w/o depression?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by precious15, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. precious15

precious15 Guest

Hi, I'm new to SF so the following might be helpful: male, 15yrs old, and agnostic. Sports, music, card games, science, math, and otherwise competitive activities are my main interests. My only dislike would be religion.

I am a very happy and content individual. All my life I have often wondered what it truly meant to die and lately have been wondering if it is all that important to live. There are no serious contemplations of suicide here, but there have been thoughts. I was kind of wondering what you guys have faith and hope in as reasons to live, even knowing life would continue if you were to suddenly leave.

thanks in advance for the replies
  2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I live for my family. My mother, father, sister and dog. My sister and dog would be fine. My mother and father would be destroyed if I did it. I could never do that to them. I'm selfish but not that selfish.

If not for them, I'd have no reason to go on and I probably wouldn't.
  3. My little sister, my only friend for seventeen years, told me not to die. So I supose I'll stick around until she dies or stops caring.

Can't imagine what you'll do with this information. Can't help you not kill yourself if you don't have a little sister you've been friends with for seventeen years who told you not to die. Maybe you're just interested in crazy folk like yourself. I wish you'd tell me why you're curious about what us other people think.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

i have no faith
  5. precious15

precious15 Guest

Jonathan, I think you really got it right. It's mostly just a desire to step inside the mind of someone who you know will tell you what they really feel. I'm probably the preppiest guy around so my friends never talk about that sort of thing... btw i lol'ed at the "crazy folk like yourself"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.