Suicide with pills

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mistysautumn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistysautumn

mistysautumn Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a site where someone can give me an advice of this kind, but what the hell - I have nothing to lose. I am planning to commit suicide for a long time now and I will (try) in October. I will use , < Mod Edit Hazel: Method > Does anyone know will it work or should I try something else? And please, don't annoy me with useless phrases such as "suicide is a long-term solution to a temporary problem." I heard it all before and I really don't care about that because nobody knows how I feel and no one knows why I'm doing it. It doesn't matter if I have a good reason or anything like that, it's my decision and I made up my mind. So please, if you can help me, do so. If you want to be annoying, pick someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum.

No here can/will help you end your life. SF is pro life.

Do you want to talk about why youre feeling suicidal?

3. iKayla

iKayla Chat Buddy

we are here to help you :D and listen. you can talk to any of us if you wish.
    like Lynn said, we don't discuss how to do it...
    we try to help each other, becasuse we all care for each other
    hope you stay a little longer.

4. mistysautumn

Ok, I thought so. Thank you, but no one can help me nor I want to be helped. :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Stay!! please,just talk to us about WHY you want to do it..you never know,you might feel better ,we might be able to help you :)

6. iKayla

iKayla Chat Buddy

i know how you feel exactly, i don't want help, i tried help, it didn't work, but now i don't want help.. but im taking it day by day, i come on here each day so i can be around a little longer, tell us why... we won't judge.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I cant tell you if your method will work or not. This a prolife site. But I will tell you from expereince pills are very unreliable. And you will need more than you're Dr. will prescribe.
    So you have chosen Oct. In the meantime hun why dont you talk to a few members here, or read other posts. You will be surprised that many here share the same demons as you. Maybe not the same events or reasons for what has personally pushed you to this level but so many members understand and are willing to talk and try to help you through this. Sometimes just being able to talk to someone else who truly understands your thoughts and feelings can lift a small load off your shoulders right there. The nice thing about SF is it isnt your parents, family or friends from RL that cant possibly understand what you are experiencing. It's people that have been or are where you find yourself right now. Please can you tell us a little about your situation? Or you're welcome to pm me if you would like to talk about it privately.

8. mistysautumn

It's not that I don't have anyone to talk about it, I have. I have talked about it with about 5 people who really understood me. I don't have really big problems like some of you might have, but I have a perception of the world as it is and a long wish for death that appeared about 2 years ago. I cannot stay on this world and nothing can or will stop that. Thank you for trying to be helpful and understandable, but I really don't feel lonely and I'm not in some sort of big trouble that could be solved and I would live. No, I just want to die.

9. mistysautumn

And for the record - I don't know if you are able to see my age or not, but for the record- I'm not some teenage kid who got dumbed, has been bullied or got a bad grade. I wouldn't consider suicide for such foolish reasons.

10. itmahanh

Well if you need another person I'm here. You're giving yourself til Oct. I'm in wait mode. I'm waiting for the day my home is officially sold. I still come here though. No one can fix or change anything for me any longer, not even me. But I feel a little bit better just being somewhere that I feel safe and that I belong. This place and not the world outside. So just let you know, if ya want or need to talk, I'm willing to do that for as long as I can. Please be safe and know I understand some of what you feel and need hun.

11. itmahanh

Any reason a person may have to try and commit suicide is major. But I kinda got the feeling you are dealing with something more urgent and demanding. I got a shit list so long I cant find the beginning anymore (lol). I'm 45 by the way and "too old to be looking for attention by wanting to commit suicide" (or so I've been told). The world is a screwed up mess out there and my own little piece of it is just as bad. So it's nice to have people here that understand why and what I'm feeling. Just want to make sure you know that and that you are welcome to share too.

12. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

All I can say is with pills, it wont be, you go to sleep & never wake up. It'll be a painful, slow death, where your organs start to fail & you'll feel it. It's not like in the books or movies, medications these days are designed differently.

13. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

No hun, we cant see your age, and no one is accusing you of being a teenager, and even if you were, it wouldnt matter to us, the important part here is that you get the help you need, that you talk to someone about the problems that you are having, and that you dont act on your impulses at the present.

Ten years from now you may look back at this as a sad point in your life, but you will be happy with your life, and that you didnt decide to check out permanently. Trust me, I have been there... I have made attempts and spent time in psych wards, and I know that it can get better, but I also know what its like to be hurting so much you just want to die.

Are you on any meds or anything? Being treated?

14. mistysautumn

I appreciate it. You're very nice. I don't feel that talking to someone can do much, but it's easier when you speak out. It's discouraging to hear that from you, but I would be a hypocrite if I would say oh no, don't do it, you're such precious, it would such a loss. I hope you will your the time you have in a wonderful way. I know I will. :)

15. mistysautumn

No, I'm not using any because I don't feel that will help in any way. I used to steal the medications from my dad and used it, but it would only help for a short time.

16. iKayla

iKayla Chat Buddy

i'm exactly where you are. i have no reasons or problems
    i just want to die.

17. mistysautumn

It's not that I don't have any problems or reasons, it's more like I had overcome some problems and realized that all of this is meaningless. Everything is like a big nothing.

18. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i don't know who you are, and i don't know what your reasons are - however, i'd like to get to know you and know what your reasons are. i care, because i know you're in pain, and the fact you've remained on this site and posting, even though you are well aware sf is a pro-life forum, seems to me like you might want help.
    so, if you do change your mind, which i'm hoping you do - you can talk to me, any time.
    i just thought i'd let you know :heart:
    triggs xx

19. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

sounds to me like existentislism. youre not sick of life you just want death. honestly it aint easy.
    just know that even though we cannot make you change your mind, we do understand.

20. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I feel like everything is a meaningless, purposeless nothing too, and it plays a big role in my desire for suicide. Things that make me happy aren't enjoyable, because I feel like they are pointless and joy is pointless too...

But I'm trying everything, every possible solution before I try to commit suicide, because I know I can die whenever, but I only live once. And if there's a .0001% chance that things will turn around, then I'll try.

The meds I tried didn't work. Therapy has only vaguely helped so far. Trying natural medicine now and idk what that'll do. But I'll try until there's nothing left to try, and if I'm still miserable then, I'll end it all.

Have you ever thought of it that way?

Out of curiosity, why aren't you interested in trying meds? Like, actually going to see a psychiatrist and getting appropriate ones prescribed? Have you ever attempted other treatments?

I believe death is an individual choice and I think I understand/relate to why you want to. But even if life is pointless to you, it probably isn't pointless to most of the people around you, and they would be hurt. Even if you're isolated and don't feel close to anyone or like you matter, it would still hurt people around you that you don't realize. I met a girl in college. I never really got to know her well but I was familiar. She killed herself a few months later. I'm still affected by this. So to me, its worth it to exhaust every possible solution before killing yourself - if not for your own life, than for the people who will be victim of the suicide. You can always end it later if things don't work out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.