Suicide without suiciding....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BornAgain, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

I want to share something I did that may help others.

After I tried and was at the hospital I went deep inside my heart, my thoughts, my reasoning, analyzing what needed to be different in me to never have those thoughts again.

Well, I joined support groups, read all kinds of books, meditated, exexcised, did yoga, but I also decided to get rid of the old me and start a new positive life, I shared this with family members but of course they thought it was a crazy idea, but as soon as I was able to drive I wrote my name in the book of the dead at church (it's celebrated on November 31st I believe), so at the mass I prayed for the old me that had died, also, I stopped at the site of my crash and left flowers for the old me as if he (me) had died, it really made me realize I was starting a new life, now, my idea to you is why don't you just quit from the old you and start a new life staying away from what hurts you.....without having to hurt yourself. :)
  2. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

:hug: Thanks for sharing x
  3. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

That's a pretty unique idea. :heart:
  4. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

I liked this :donut: thankq for sharing it :)
  5. Ady2011

Ady2011 Active Member

If I ever manage to sell this house and get rid of the bad neighbours, I might try that and bury the old me in the back garden before I leave. Maybee it is just a pipe dream for me to be able to get away from here.
  6. echoswow123

echoswow123 Member

Thanks for sharing :hugtackles:
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

An interesting idea indeed. Kind of like getting a new identity and starting a new life.
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you have found something that will work fir you. Leaving the past behind and having a fresh new life is a great idea. I hope others will be inspired by you. Thank you for sharing this with us. :hug:
  9. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Glad this worked for you. Didn't work for me. How do you ensure you are not haunted by ghosts?

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I like the idea - thanks x
  11. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Your action is certainly constructive. If it works for you, then it's good. Everybody has different ideas as to solutions. And that seems to be the point of this forum--to share ideas. NOT forcing them but just sharing.

In my case, it's not a matter of burying the old but instead is a gradual evolution. What gratifies me is to see how I evolved to what I am now, how I evolved not only the philosophy I have now but also how I evolved the tastes I have now. When I realize and analyze how I reached my present stage, it enables me to cope. Notice that the word "cope" rhymes with "hope."
  12. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Yeah. I wasn't putting down his methods. You know each to their own and if it works then great. Just for me i tried that. I was in hospital a couple of years back and the woman in the bed next to me died. She had no one with her and it was normalised. At the time, for me it was just after a massive od and i remember thinking this is it. This is my turning point. I don't want that. For a while it worked. I didn't attempt again for 2 years. But my old self has come back to haunt me. So much so she has possessed me.
    I'm glad it worked for you. It's a great idea. I'm not putting it down and i hope the idea works for others. Xxx
  13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

thats wonderful. So glad you found the exact right way for you. And that you had the strength and desire to persue it. Glad you were born. Both times.
  14. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

I thank you for your kind words.... :)

I am glad to know that you have also found ways that have worked for you.

I am sorry it gave you peace only for two years, will pray for your ghost to go away. :)

You just made my day :), those are the nicest words someone has ever told me, thanks, will keep you on my prayers.
  15. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Think I'll try that...

Ditsy x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.