Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by WhoaThisPlaceIsScary, Aug 4, 2016.

1. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

How can you be so sure everything will get better when you die?I was reading a Hara Krishna book while waiting for my Indian take out.It had some very interesting theories..basically you'll be reformed into a lower lifeform with even more problems if you are evil/kill yourself.I think this might be possible considering how bonkers reality is.

Then were created with the messed up brain/ how can you be at fault?Bonkers indeed.
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Just ask yourself , what makes sense to you. don't be afraid of exploring different religions and even look into atheism.

Take Care
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

In attempting suicide, it was all about getting the pain in this life to stop. That did not mean that I thought for one second that there would not be pain in another existence. For me anyway, it had nothing to do with making anything "better" it was all about ending something, like a chapter in a book and moving on. Maybe suicide could have helped to that end, maybe not.
  4. It all depends on which set of beliefs you put your faith in ultimately. With that being said, I personally try to focus more on reasons for living as opposed to reasons for dying, and that helps me a lot. I do believe in an afterlife that could be happy and peaceful, but at the same time I try to make the most of this life that I have now too. I hope that makes sense, it's kinda hard to explain.
  5. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

Everything is hard to explain...if you ask enough questions.