Suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ruby, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

If someone had serious plans to commit suicide, had the method sorted, wrote the suicide note and was set on dying. Well, is there any helping that person? Or is the person 'too far gone'?

2. I guess Mom was. See me in Welcome. Did you help my mom here?

3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Don't reply to my thread unless you can actually type a coherent sentence!

4. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

I think you can still help that person. I actually had written a suicide note in fact I have written hundreds of suicide notes. I knew where, how, and when I was going to do it. All I needed was a little motivation to push me over the edge so yeah you can help them.

5. How's this

Dear Ruby,
    My mother was a member here at Suicide Forum. She tried to commit suicide today. I came here trying to find some answers. We still don't know if she is going to make it. But I want to understand her feelings and motives. I have gone throughsome of her stuff here and it sounds like she had it all planned too. Now I hope that see isn't too far gone.
    Yours truly
    motherslittledevil

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Well it makes more sense than your previous past..

7. kath

kath Well-Known Member

From where i sit Im not sure what I think about the answer to your question Ruby.I guess in some cases unfortunately the person may be too far gone.In others you may be able to get there just in time despite them having gone through all that/done all that.I guess i feel it could either way with the scenario you present.I guess it is inevitable some you would lose but you have to try dont you.You couldnt just give up on someone......well i couldnt anyway.

8. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

no one is beyond help ruby.
    with help, time and love anything can achieved.

i came here with the plan, the need to die but with motherslittledevils mum i am still here, she helped me get thru everyday and i will always love her for that.

go easy on him, he is in pain hun.

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I came here with a plan and a date.... 15th June 2007 ... I have wrote many suicide letters and I am still here...guess no one is beyond help...

10. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

ALL can be helped if found in time. Even a person that has iniziated a process to suicide can still be stopped and helped (saved). Talking by experienced.

To your qustion, i've answered yet one of your reply is rather crude Ruby.

motherslittledevil came here saying mum has tried to commit suicide and in itself the answer was YES it can be helped.... either willingly or against its will.

p.s. glad she made it hun and hope she will fully recover soon. my thoughts are with you motherslittledevil :hug:

11. people can always be helped, no matter how certain they are that they want to die. hope your okay ruby, here for you.

12. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I honestly think it depends on the actual person and their respective problems. I doubt anyone can help convince me that life is worth living, but I'm not like most people.

I guess it couldn't hurt to try and save your friend, I expect he/she will be appreciative if nothing else.

I wish you good luck.

13. aramaki

aramaki Active Member

I guess that where there's life, you can't assume that the person is too far gone...

14. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Don't even type to me.

15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Ruby, if you've got a problem with a member, please talk to the staff about it via the LtM forum - don't bring it up on the public forums..
    It serves no purpose other than it brings the tone of the thread down, and detracts from the point in this thread: of answering your question.

EDIT: As for an answer to your question: IMO, someone can always be helped to stay alive, regardless of how low / desperate they're feeling.

16. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I made a simple request, that's all. I don't know the person mentioned (can't even think of his/her username). I was irritated because I was frowned upon for asking someone to make sense when they replied to my thread. His/her mother has tried to commit suicide. That's very sad, it really is but most people on this forum are in some form of crisis. I'm not going to patronise anybody. And also, this isn't a topic about someones mother who tried to commit suicide, so take that elsewhere.

17. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Try to take it easy Rub it's not worth getting stressed for you or other member's:smile,In regard's to your question honestly speaking I think it's tough but it can be stopped it's not easy of course but I guess there's alway's a hope.I mean if someone is set on ending it,it would be quite difficult to change that person's mind of course due to their state of mind etc but I guess with that belief that there's alway's some hope it can be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.