Suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MegaCold, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaCold

MegaCold New Member

I have a challenge for you.

"You have one week to convince me suicide is not the answer. I think you know the what happens if you fail."

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well glad you found this site. But I think your challenge is a little one sided. There are lots of people here that can and will help you through this. But you need to do some work too. You need to take the advice and support and put it to use for YOU.

I'm not going to tell you things like "it will get better" or "stick it out to see if tomorrow isnt better". But I will tell that you have found a place filled with so many others that are exactly where you are now. A place that you can vent, find support and caring and a place where you wont feel alienated because of your thoughts of suicide. Members here really do understand. Members here really do want to help. So please post a little more about yourself and what has brought you to this point in your life. Give us something to work with and I promise that by letting members in and being here that you will get a few reasons to want to stay.

So I turn it back to you hun.... In one week take the advice and support of the members here and find the strength to beat this week and then the next and next etc. I'll start, drop me a pm anytime you need someone to listen, promise I'll answer and do whatever I can to help ya!!

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'm sorry, but we're not here to be emotionally tugged and pulled at, if you, yourself, decide to go ahead with the act of suicide (not that I hope you do). At the end of the day, whatever your own actions may be, they are down to you. No-one else.

"I think you know what happens if you fail". What an emotionally loaded statement that is.. You need to get help for yourself, not ask us to put our emotions and whatnot on the line, and put it down as a "challenge".

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

This kind of a challenge allows you to keep saying you're not convinced. This kind of challenge would put a stress on me that I cannot handle. I am soul sick too. The Al-Anon in me says not to accept the challenge.

You are welcome here. Please explore what we have said about feeling suicidal and how we have carried on.

5. Mandyrose

Mandyrose Member

You sound angry. I guess I get pretty angry too, and feel contarian and want to challenge others.

But you posted here, so that is the first step. Thanks for letting us help you, but we need more information. I have so many questions. Why one week? Why do you want to be convinced to live, do you want to die? If so then why? We need to know why you feel this way.

6. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i think that is a very crappy question to ask the folks of this forum.

i suggest that you read some of the posts. we will not be held responsible for what you decide to do. at the end of the week you say .. sorry you didnt convince me. thats your problem.

i think instead what you need to do is, find out why suicide is the only answer for YOU.
    maybe if you were to offer alittle bit more of what your issues or pain is, we might be able to offer some suggestions.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with the above replies. While we will do what we can to support you and try to help you find options other than suicide, we are in no way respnsible if you choose not to accept any of the suggestions put forth to you. You are the one that makes the final decisions. You are solely responsible for the choices regarding your life. I would say that instead of issuing a challenge to us, issue one to yourself. Challenge yourself to accept support and find an alternative to ending your life. So I issue you the challenge to find a reason to live.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

We aren't here to be challenged..The members on this forum have or had problems..Alot of us probably have similar problems as you..If you want support that is different.. We would be more than happy to listen to you and offer what suggetions we can..

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Alright Megacold, so now you know we arent here to fulfill challenges or dares. But as you can also see, there are many people here that replied and even more that have read and are more than willing to help you try and find some support and help. So please post and let us know what's up. What's happening and maybe if we all work together we can start to turn things around or at the very least, let you have a place to be heard. So.....

10. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Life is not a game. You are the only person responsible for your life and for your reason to keep living or to commit suicide. I doubt if anyone here will accept such a challenge. Everyone here has problems we're facing in our own fight and we're here to offer support. I have not even been able to convince myself that it's not the answer, however I'm still here for now.

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I don't accept you challenge for the above reasons. My life is hard enough knowing that I need to get through days of torment sometimes. I refuse to live for another day if getting my soul sucked dry by people that just want it over with continue to put such 'challenges' to me.

We want to help, but letting us know we have a week to persuade you otherwise, is childish at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.