Suicide

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by platypus, Nov 14, 2009.

1. platypus

platypus New Member

Hi.

I am new to this forum.

My wife of five years killed herself last year, which was a tremendous loss. I seriously doubt I'll ever recover from it, and I'm not even sure I want to. She was the better part of what made me me.

I find myself drifting further and further from the world of the living. It's a place I no longer have any ties to. My fear of death was deracinated with the death of my wife. I've since put myself in situations where the risk of death has been substantial, as a sort of practical fatalism.

I'm writing here mostly to hear what other people have thought as they themselves have passed through the no-man's-land between the emotional departure from Real Life TM and the physical/clinical departure.

P

2. chloe21

chloe21 Well-Known Member

I hope ur wife is been and my husband has done it for over 5 year of his life and he is get there now and some time he get that way soome time but i get help for every time he does it. have she get help with her problem that she has doing that for so long and i know that u r tryuing to help her with her problem and i have to help my husband everytime he does it and i make him go up to the hospital and they get more with the mental healthy doctor.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your loss my brothre killed himself last year and i too know i will never get over it. I have been told i am not to blame i couldn't have known but i still feel the guilt of not being there of not calling ambulance of telling his daughter not to worry. I hope you have some professional help for your grief as i know it can be devastating. Grief councillor is tremendous help please consider seeing one. are you on any meds for depression I am glad you came here as alot of us have lost loved ones to suicide ihope posting here can help relieve some of your pain I know the emotion of just existing and wanting it to end but i will not cause this pain to others not after actually feeling the pain myself of loss i couldn't do that to someone else. please lean on us here for anything take care.

4. chloe21

i am sorry for ur lost ok

5. chloe21

delete