summer! help!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i managed to stop SHing last year for summer, my parents think i've stopped completely but i didn't just did it for the sumemr somehow. as soon as it was cool enough to wear long sleeves again in autumn i startet again. i don't think i can stop for the summer again this year and here's the problem. i want to go swimming in the sea again when i'm in england in summer and then there are the riding lessons that i certainly CAN'T do with long sleeves, i'd eventually drop from the horse 'cause i'm too warm. the worst probelm though is that i don't want my parents or my brother to know, specially since my mum was diagnosed with burnout at the beginning of this year. the second main problem is that i'm in a new school people actually treat me friendly and for the first time in my life i enjoy going to school, i fear i will loose that when they know i self harm... what can i do? help please, i don't want to loose all that i have now... please

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

From your post I can see you are struggling to find a way to deal with the idea of continuing to cut. With your mum, new school and friends and the arrival of summer, it seems like you have found reasons why you don't want to continue. Hang on to these reasons to help you fight the urges to cut and what you may lose if you keep going.

At your new school, is there a counsellor you could see to help you with self-harm? They are usually understanding and can help you deal with what is happening in your life and try to prevent the situation from getting worse (not saying it will).

Please seek help.

3. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i'm trying to stop for the sake of all those reasons but i can't, the urge is too strong.
    i c** agian today and once the calm was over i felt guilty and i hate me for doing it again so i harmed myself in another way to punish me for being too weak, for not being able tp resist the urge to c**
    thank you for your reply Oceans, i'll be going to my counsellor soon i hope and i'll discuss it with her but i don't want anyone at school to know

4. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I know it is tough to fight the urges, I used to battle them too so please try not to feel guilty because you are trying your best and sometimes we slip up. I'm glad you are going to see your counsellor, share your fears and she/he can help you through so your school doesn't have to know. Keep battling on.

take care

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

For years and years and years I kept it a secret from my friends, and it's only this year that I've mustered up the courage to tell just ONE. There's no real easy solution -- well, okay, the 'easy' solution would be to stop harming yourself... but... well we both know that that's easier said than done, by far. Where do you cut? I'm assuming you cut on your arms... see, I can manage to go swimming in the summer with board shorts and a tankini, because that way I've covered up all my scars. For arms though... ever tried using a tubi grip bandage over your scars? Then just make up some story about weak wrists/arms/whatever so you have to wear them when doing sport, and they shouldn't give you a second glance. I suppose you could try stuff like concealer, but it wouldn't work too well in the heat because you'd sweat it off.

I do hope that you're talking to a counsellor about it... don't make the same mistake I made, by keeping your mouth shut about it, mmkay? And try not to feel guilty -- we all slip up from time to time. Heck, we're only human, after all.

TDM

6. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

i stopped cutting
    what i did is.. even i was urgining to cut
    .. first is get rid of everything that you could cut with
    and then just hold it
    ... cant do more
    and get busy your mind with things like... writting .. reading.. watching movies
    something

yesh its hard to stop..
    yesh the urge will be stronger than your will
    yesh you will fall once a while
    but you must not keep stop trying.. thats the thing,, you might be weak soemtimes and could not stop cutting but that doesnt mean that after that you will stop trying
    keep trying

thats the only secret to stop cutting

yesh i still miss it
    the feeling will always hunt me

and i dont think you will lose your friends if they find out.. i really doubt it
    in fact they would only try to help you
    dont be afraid about that part

and i agree with the idea of talking with a councilor x3
    good luck!!!
    and take it easy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.