Summer Oh Nine

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by RubyRose, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubyRose

RubyRose Member

hey figured i'd post because i could get online.. won't try to ramble to much but recently my best friend decided she was going to start taking guitar lessons again, and my favorite band is coming back for a reunion show which had me very excited and as happy as i can pretty much remember being in years [they haven't played together publicly in over 3 1/2 years] anyway summer started on a okay note and i had some days when i was all over joyed and wanted to write some things so i did...

wrote this on the front of my summer oh nine song book.

"Going to write in here so i have something to sing, something to share to the world. so others like me can know they aren't alone something to look at and work on. so i have something to move forward with so when this summer ends. it can hopefully live on in songs and music. memories for me to remember the summer of change the summer of my f-ing future. because nothing will ever be the same again."

so that's, that.

1. this doesn't have a name and i wrote it after a fight with my mother who is nuts....

become so f-ing sick of pretending that everything is okay
    life is not a-oh-f-ing-kay-kay?
    only really talk when your not ready to listen
    are you ever ready too?
    try to vocalize, just everything that has gone wrong
    got so sick of you
    turning a blind eye won't make these problems go disappear
    i'm so sick, sick of this fighting
    so sick
    i tried so hard to please
    nothing i ever did was enough
    constantly disappointing me
    got so sick
    got so tired of all this shit
    all the hoops i jumped through
    trying to impress
    well took me years finally going to be free
    won't let you bring me down
    bring me down no more

so yeah they could be tons better but that was the first stuff i wrote in like over four years so at least it's something...and at some point they'll be like not so terrible.
    but yeah..okay..
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I actually liked it. Especially for being the first thing you wrote in 4 years.
  3. Almostgone

Almostgone Member

I like it a whole lot. I think it is so very on point, so very truthful about some relationships. We get so frustrated with some of the signifigant people in our lives and we just give up and eat up the bad stuff from them until they are no longer so signifigant, just a raw spot.

Keep writing, you are good.

Hey did you and msoboe ever start a band??? Lol! You all got me through a really rough night, and then the puppy puked!

Thank you.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I like it :)

Thanks for sharing!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.