Summer's coming . . . good or bad for your mood?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aleth, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Summer is a double-edged sword for me. I like spending more time outdoors, but I grow much more restless and can quickly descend into feelings of desperation.

2. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

absolutely horrible for me. used to love summer, not anymore.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i hate the summer:sad:

4. theothermask

theothermask Member

I dont even know.. I am sure that I hate spring, but summer... neutral for now.

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Double edged sword like you said..I love the beach, the water, swimming, etc, but I can't do that anymore because of SI. :dry: So it's kind of..annoying.

6. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

i actually feel better when its cold, raining, gloomy, out. maybe im jealous every1 else is out enjoying themselves and i am not.

7. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

As an attempted positive tinker, Summer is a great time.

I have to do College stuff this summer(visits, apps, essays and the like). Hopefully those won't be too boring.

But I do like Winter too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2008
  8. Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons, Winter ranking closely behind in my liking. Although, I hate Autumn.

9. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Used to despise summer with a passion. Now I love it, I got sunburn already but I don't even care :biggrin:

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I actually like Summer. I love nature, I find it beautiful in the summer. I like nothing more than escaping to nature spots, parks, bays, rivers, forests etc and taking my camera along for company.

11. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Whatever... Who cares? Nothing will change.

12. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Hate it - too hot, and the sun has a personal grudge against me which requires it to shine in my eyes :dry:

13. xenflyz

xenflyz Member

Well I hate it because everyones going to the beach and being happy and I got no friends, it's been that way since forever.

14. touglytobeloved

maybe you are right, i hate it because I CANT go to the beach because of my health situation, but, I hate winter, too, because I cant walk on ice because i can fall (because of my health situation).
    Anyway, as I said, who cares, summer or winter? I hate both.

15. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

I used to love the summer (also spring) so much. Now I'm sad that I can't appreciate this lovely time.

16. notmyrealname

notmyrealname Well-Known Member

I much prefer the winter.

17. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

brrrr... a summer in ireland is chilly! not much of a summer really. i miss canadian summers... in the 30 - 34 celcius range... now that's a summer!

:biggrin:

18. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I enjoy the fact I don't work in the summer months, but the time alone to think without any distractions makes things worse.

19. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It used to be bad for my mood, because I've always had dysmorphia over the way that I look and have always seen myself as underweight which meant I had to go outside with an abundance of clothes on, piled on top of eachother. It was agony in the blaring heat of the summertime. But now I hardly ever go out anymore so at least I don't have to contend with that problem anymore.

20. touglytobeloved

:( Me too... :( I used to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.