Sup guys and ladies (and pets??)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SentinelMG, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SentinelMG

SentinelMG Active Member

I just signed up here at SF. I'm a little surprised I did; I've been in a much better place lately than in the past. A little history:

Last year was very rough for me, for no particular reason. I was constantly upset, frequently crying, and felt quite alone all of the time. It was a struggle to get up and do anything at all. Sometimes while trying to work, I would just sit still in silence for an hour without moving at all. While I'm not sure I ever seriously considered suicide, it was a topic I thought about a lot. I was eventually diagnosed with depression and put on medication, but even that didn't help at first--I don't think I really felt its effects for 6+ months.

FORTUNATELY, I am finally happy again for the first time I can remember in years.

So again, I'm not entirely sure why I joined. Maybe to show that things can get better. Maybe in case I ever fall back and need some support. But one way or another, I'm glad to be here! Also, I'm super-excited you have these :pokeball: :pokeball: cause they're great.

--SMG

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to SF!! :)

3. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

:hugtackles: hi <3 welcome, feel free to PM me anytime ^_^ I'm really glad to hear you're doing better

4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello! Welcome to SF! I hope you find the support you're looking for! If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to dont hesitate to PM me! :hug:

5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there and :welcome: to SF. It is good to have you here. Hearing positive stories can be a huge benefit to people. :sheep2:

6. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Hiya & welcome to SF! :)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:welcome: to the forums~ :)

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome...and I am glad you are feeling better...hope it continues...welcome again, J

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!

10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Welcome!

When I joined SF, I wasn't feeling that bad, either. Hopefully you will continue to feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.