Super Slender September, September Edition, healthy eating, fitness and weight loss thread...join in

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It looks like I lost another 2 pounds over 2 weeks but before I weighed myself at the doctor’ Office with clothes on and today I weighed in at home after my shower so I am not sure I lost any weight. But I’m trending in the right direction.
Congrats Cymbele, you are certainly moving in the right direction but there is 1 tip I would like to offer, use the same weighing scales every time you measure yourself, i am sometimes a different weight on different scales, as uneven floor, differently set scales could rise as an issue. I only get weighed at my doctors now on a specific scale for this reason :)

cymbele

SF Supporter
Congrats Cymbele, you are certainly moving in the right direction but there is 1 tip I would like to offer, use the same weighing scales every time you measure yourself, i am sometimes a different weight on different scales, as uneven floor, differently set scales could rise as an issue. I only get weighed at my doctors now on a specific scale for this reason :)
My doctor who is actually my dietitian doesn't think that she needs to see me until November when my lab results come in (high triglycerides, almost still pre-diabetic). So I "manned up"even though I am female and weighed myself at home. Now the standard is my home weighin this morning. I won't weigh in for another two weeks. But I haven't seen this weight for 8 years so I am doing something right. Down about a total of 20 this year so far.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow, down 20lbs this year, that is amazing and something to be very proud of, i guess the scales in your case are working out well for you, keep doing t :) Here's to losing the next few pounds :) I think its good to not weigh in too often, your 2 weeks sounds good :)

Congrats *stars

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks. I think I might be eating too many carbs, having carbs with almost every meal. Not exercising enough either but at the same time eating very healthily.

Any ideas guys and gals? :(

BarryW

SF Supporter
I love my carbs. I was raised on the food pyramid that said the biggest part of my diet should be carbs. It's hard to just do a 180 degree turn out of nowhere. I don't have any special food advice sorry.
Waist size increased over the last year so I'm doubling down on exercise.

OLD FOOD PYRAMID, is no longer the right way to eat, don't do it kids:
1568773094224.jpeg

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks. I think I might be eating too many carbs, having carbs with almost every meal. Not exercising enough either but at the same time eating very healthily.

Any ideas guys and gals? :(
Human Body - I didn't lose anything for like 6 weeks - I was being so good and was losing my mind (ask Matt ha) then 10lb came off in like 8 days suddenly - obviously body had been retaining water for some reason. You just have to trust the healthy decisions you are making and keep at it. Don't react by restricting! You'll mess yourself up and end up falling off.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Lu, I'm actually having a treat day today to shake things up but will be back on track tomorrow.

I actually didn't think of water retention, well done you :) 10 lbs, that's amazing, congrats.

I won't restrict, i will continue my healthy diet - thanks for the support *hug

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Got football season food to contend with along with harvest goodies at this time of the year. Its when im switching to last minute bear mode storing sugar and fat for the winter. Every single year without fail. Now eating fruit to fight off the sweet tooth

cymbele

SF Supporter
I am continuing to lose 1 pound a week. I broke down last night and had a scoop of ice cream. But I am back on program now

I will have trouble for the next couple of weeks as my daughter’ Wedding is next week and people want me to skip my diet for various activities but I like the way I am nowadays so I will continue to do what I am doing.

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
Trying to start eating healthier which is working more or less but I've been having a lot of sugar since I do a lot of my work in a cafe and I need a frappe to stay awake :/
My goal is to get down to 40kg (80 lbs?) since I used to weigh 52 and wanted to get down to 45. Now that Im at 47, Im trying to get to 40.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Trying to start eating healthier which is working more or less but I've been having a lot of sugar since I do a lot of my work in a cafe and I need a frappe to stay awake :/
My goal is to get down to 40kg (80 lbs?) since I used to weigh 52 and wanted to get down to 45. Now that Im at 47, Im trying to get to 40.
That is an unhealthy goal to have. What height are you?

Forget the number on the scale and focus on being healthy. Do you eat much on an average day?

I don't know if you have an ED or not but we just want you to be healthy and clear of diet fads, crazily low weight goals etc.. 80lbs sounds a little on the dangerous side, if you do have an ED, focus on getting that tended to by a professional. :)

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
I think you are very skinny how tall are you. Eat healthy yes but please do not try and lose any more weight @LostGirl22 *hug
That is an unhealthy goal to have. What height are you?

Forget the number on the scale and focus on being healthy. Do you eat much on an average day?

I don't know if you have an ED or not but we just want you to be healthy and clear of diet fads, crazily low weight goals etc.. 80lbs sounds a little on the dangerous side, if you do have an ED, focus on getting that tended to by a professional. :)
I'm 5'1 or 5'2. Im actually very short. I checked the BMI and it's still healthy. I confess that I have an ED and that I got down to 47 because of it. I dont know how much I eat or if it's okay, I do eat I guess. I don't remember to be honest. But Im normal on the BMI. I don't know. Im very close to 45 already and I dont want to let it go. My therapist doesnt really focus on the ED and to be honest I dont know if I want him to since Im close and dont look that skinny. My body type is actually hourglass so you cant see much of a difference to be honest. Sometimes I think I dont have an ED actually and I dont want to be a fake person looking for attention. IDK I dont talk to people about it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00