Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mpang123, Jan 12, 2014.

1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

That's it!!! I'm sick of letting my neighbors know how I feel when I'm struggling because they just brush me off or invalidate my feelings. They're the ones that asked how I was feeling in the first place! From now I'm not going to listen to their problems because I don't want to deal with theirs either. If I have issues, I will go here or share my stuff at group therapy. I guess I just have to be superficial with the neighbors. No more support from them.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am sorry you feel so let down - it is hard when you feel bad and are struggling and the people who you want and need support from are not there for you. I understand why you feel angry, but it is important to remember that you don't know what is going on in their lives that may mean they are unable to offer the support they want to at the moment. Or perhaps it is simply that they do not know what to say; it is often hard to know what to say to someone who you know is in a lot of pain - sometimes especially if you care about them.

It is good that you have therapy to talk things through with, and of course people here are always available to listen and support.

Stay safe :hug:
  3. mpang123

Thank you Freya, I'm just more reserved now as to what to say and what not to say. I had my feelings hurt and I'm mad at them.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Mpang123, do let others get you down, it's not worth it. Just remember you are a better person than them. Just take care of yourself.
  5. mpang123

One of my neighbors just text me and I kept the conversation short and sweet. Not too eager to talk to anyone yet.
  6. rigadoog

rigadoog Active Member