support around you

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexman

Banned Member
i ask is support from family the most important thing? cos none of my family members help me they punish me threatens me and yells at me i have no help all they say why are you so self centerd only thinking about your self stop complaining we all have issues there is no such thing as i am to tierd, i dont know whats right or wrong i hate these feelings and i hate this depression my wish for death and minor suicidal tendencies were just a weak attempt for attention to them no one cares APOIUHFÅAOHFÅASPÄFJIASFHÅOIAGHFÅOAJHGFIAPHSDF

FBD

families are tough, some people get dealt families that dont understand, or dont want to accept the pain other family members are in. if your family isnt supportive it might just be because they dont want to accept the pain you are in, its hard for the people who care about you to hear about your suffering. it also might just be that they dont understand, what have you told them about whats going on in your life? do they understand that it is an illness and not just a cry for attention?

if your family isnt being supportive im sure people on here (myself included) are able to offer support. i know it may not be the same, but i can say that i do care and hope that it gets better for you, it might not happen right away, but i do hope things get better for you

FBD

im not really sure of what to tell you about your family...i mean i refuse to talk to mine about my mental health issues, maybe someone else on here can provide more advice.

i guess i never go to my family for support, i go here, another forum i belong to and my friends. as long as you can go somewhere for support thats a good thing, and someday you might make your own family and get married and have kids and what not and you can choose someone to be with who understands mental illnesses and will offer support

alexman

Banned Member
i dont really have anywhere to go i just bottle it up and lash out unexpectedly i started screaming uncontrolably at the train station

IV2010

I can hear how much pain you're in and I hope you will go back to the doctor and tell him how you're feeling..
maybe he can review meds and find you a therapist you can talk to.
most people who have never suffered from depression have no idea about how we feel

please keep reaching out for help..

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Alexman,

would you consider seeing a counsellor? what medication are you on, if you don't mind me asking?
don't give up!

FBD

maybe you need to increase the dosage or try new meds, id contact your dr and see what they can do

Last edited by a moderator:

doityourself

I think family is the reason why I need support, sometimes they hurt way more than they help. So to answer your question, NO I dont think family support is everything just as long as you have it coming from somewhere.

alexman

Banned Member
i hate the loneliness in this no one understands how it is to be in constant battle whit yourself, being your worst enemy, just 1 weak moment under the entire day can result in a bleeding arm

same here i think family is the reason why i earn death

doityourself

If youve never been in this spot then I say I dont see how anyone can understand it, alot think its against religion and some think that depression is a self seeking make up disease.

We know here, so you should stay and talk to us. I know what its like to want to just run and end it, but that would be letting "it" win, and I just cant loose, must be the woman in me, need the last word and always has to make the decision.

Tell us, what exactly is bothering you, what makes you suicidial? You say it has alot to do with family, maybe me and you can pass storys and we could help eachother. I just want you to know I understand and so do most here, if you ever want to talk, vent or argue my box is open to you!

alexman

Banned Member
i am not suicidal anymore i am to "well" i think i would be better of dead but a few months back i tried to off myself but when i stood at the ledge i just couldnt jump i was to scared i know i dont have it in me to die and that saddens me, im talking metaphoricly now not ways to do it, (altho i dont see the point in it since we all know all the ways)

doityourself

I say "sucidial" because even though I will never take my life, the thought of doing so and the want is never far from my mind-every single day.

Im glad that you dont have it in you to do it, Im glad that your to scared. I can hear the aggravation in your words and I know it can be so damn tiring feeling this way. What do you think would help? I know you picture a better life (we all do) what is yours? And how can you start working towards it?

The thing about being depressed and carrying around all this anxiety and stress, is that what helps me may not help you and vice versa. Only you will know what relieves your pain when you find it for you. Sounds like a bunch of crap I know but its true.

Ive found few things actually help me and most I have to force myself to do. I love the outdoors but Im rather happy just sitting on my couch. I force myself to get out and do things and tbh when I get out there I find that I do have fun.

Keep talking....

Hope today has treated you better than yesterday.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I don't think support from family is the most important thing at all. I think there are a lot of people who are actually brought down or made to feel worse by their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00