Support For LGBTQ Christians

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by W Miller, Sep 5, 2014.

1. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Hi, this is support for fellow "family".

If you've suffered abuse, or, are questioning you sexuality, please feel free to join in the thread. I'm a Christian, however, I respect others beliefs to NOT believe.

God saved me. Don't know why, but he did. Jesus loves me, and I love him with all my heart, and soul.

The bible reads, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them".

We'll just never really know if that is the case. However, God is love, if you love him, he will forgive you. We are not an abomination. That was a old word, for no other purpose to cause HATE. God does not hate.

Read this one, and you'll see what I mean.

Grab your Bible and turn to Acts 10:34 "And Peter opened his mouth and said of a truth I perceive God is no respecter of persons" This verse tells me that God does not see a difference between men or women, old or young, gay or straight, or anything else. So any time you start to worry about this, just think about this verse.

Only love will save you.

2. Hey W Miller :)

I think what helps me is that I don't take the Bible literally, otherwise a lot in it would not make much sense, in any case the Bible also says I should not eat pork, and most Christians do that often enough so they should not be picky, either they follow every rule to the letter or not at all

3. W Miller

As I say, do what you feel is right for you. Man had their hands in it, concerning the writing of the Bible. I chose to take most at face value. Meaning, it was written at a time when people were using it a a form of government. We have to assume, they wanted spread their own bigoted beliefs. Times have changed, God doesn't change ever. God loves all his children.

My feeling, is, God is love. Ask for forgiveness, mean it, and you will be saved.

Only love! What a better world it would be, right...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  4. Yes, God only gave us two rules to follow, Love thy neighbor as thyself and Love God above all, and I don't see how that excludes the way we feel.

5. W Miller

This is one that helps me. We are human, and all sinners. I ask for forgiveness, and God protects me.

Romans 8:13
    For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

What this means to me, is, although I enjoy sex (and find men physically beautiful), I know worshiping the flesh is a sin. I'm guilty as charged (and recognize the sin). I'm unsure I want to change this, however, I'll accept a better way to love, if that means a better next life. I love Jesus, and he gave his own life, to wash away our sins.

Sex before marriage is a sin. So, how are we to have sex, if gay marriage is not accordance with the Bible. The Bible alas teaches, viewing a woman with unclean thoughts, is a sin. Straight men are also in sin.

Ask to be forgiven, and you will be.

If this thread is in anyway offensive to members, hopefully it will be moved to a faith section of the forum.

Love should never be offensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  6. I see that as being the Flesh is the worldly things while the Spirit is of God, and all I take that text to mean is that we must not let the flesh (things of the world) prevent us from doing the will of God, in other words if I am at the beach instead of at Church I am letting the flesh prevent me from being where I am supposed to be.

7. I do not see how love can be a sin, I did not choose to be gay, If I had the choice I would choose not to be, it would make things a hell of a lot easier, but I am and their is nothing I can do about that, and I don't see how God would have put this on us as a curse

8. W Miller

True, in so many ways. We did not chose to be gay. This will sound strange, when I was young, I was considering becoming a trans, only to be normal. I realized as I got older, I love being male.

I love being gay, and given the choice, I would remain gay. Would it be easier to be straight, of course. My feeling remains, love yourself. If you are gay, you are gay. Will the world change, YES - it is already.

Just love yourself. And no, God does not ever curse his children. He loves you just as you are.

9. Thanks man, it is really good to talk about this with someone, I am so glad you started this post. Thanks for being open with your feelings and experiences it helps me process mine :) you are a star

10. jazzmeister

jazzmeister Active Member

Thanks for starting this thread. It helps remove the sting a bit.

You see, I'm gay and I've been raised in a conservative christian family and I'm not sure that being gay will be accepted in our family so I decided in the future I will try to find a girl to marry and start a family; eventually, hoping to turn myself straight. Most people see me as straight as I act like a straight guy but inside, I like other guys. I'm just scared that I might not be able to find the girl that would be right for me or I won't learn to live straight.

Right now, I have some crushes in some guys at work and those who know that I am gay respect that and are nice to me. Problem is that they are already spoken for or engaged. I wish I would be able to find a guy that is similar to them that will be right for me but now, I'm beginning to think that either scenario won't happen.

Now, I keep thinking to myself "Why wasn't I like other guys? Why am I not normal like other guys and I had to be gay?"

11. W Miller

You're welcome.

Yes I am a Christian, myself. Wow, I really feel your pain. I'm just really sorry you feel you have to marry a girl. I don't know what to say. I'm worried about you. I'm glad you are a straight acting gay guy. Me, I can t act straight to save my life LOL

This is not funny, and I really hope you will find a way to be happy, in whatever you choose.

Shit, sometimes I feel the world just hate us.

Excuse me, though, "Normal", uh, I would never want to be normal.

Feel free to PM me if you need any dime store advice LOL

Best wishes my friend.

12. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

I don't feel religion has the right to damn anyone based on sexual orientation. Are we not all creatures of god and made in his image? So that being said...

13. W Miller

Oops double posting LOL

14. W Miller

Its too bad, but they do. It took me a long time to come to grips with my orientation and God.

If I'm being honest, though, I still struggle at times, and feel God does not love me.

It is painful to say the least.

Thanks for your support FMyLife, it means a great deal to me.

15. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

My best friend is someone i grew up with, and it so happens he is gay. I support his lifestyle as it is what makes him who he is. He's gay and proud of it. And one of the finest men I have ever met. Saved my life.

16. W Miller

I wish there were more people like you in this world. I'm proud to be gay, as well as your friend.

Pleasure to meet you FMyLife. Thanks so much for sharing that experience with us/me.

Truly heart warming...:)

17. VIRAL

VIRAL Member

It hurt my heart to ser you guys saying that wish that you were straight, It shows how you have problema with self respect. You are not ugly than some one because you are gay lesbian or bisexual.

18. VIRAL

VIRAL Member

I was aways bisexual since I know.

19. AnotherChristian

AnotherChristian Active Member

I realize most posts on this thread are two years old, but I'll chime in anyhow. (Anyone still reading? :))

Honestly, I don't have a problem with conservative Christians saying the homosexual sex is sinful; but I definitely have a problem with those who persecute us just for being gay.

20. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

fuck em, they have no right to prosecute anyone