• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Support group for 'academics'

If I'm not mistaken, there are several academics here (college students, PhD, researchers, etc). Reading and writing can be stressful and lonely jobs, especially when your mental health is also an issue. The academic environment can also be unsupportive, stressful and competitive. I personally am finding it hard to catch up with my readings, classes and writing. And then of course the tasks pile up and I get even more stressed to do anything. I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in having a support group? Where perhaps we can share our experiences, our goals, our progress, tips or even just to rant or ask for support.

Atikah

If I'm not mistaken, there are several academics here (college students, PhD, researchers, etc). Reading and writing can be stressful and lonely jobs, especially when your mental health is also an issue. The academic environment can also be unsupportive, stressful and competitive. I personally am finding it hard to catch up with my readings, classes and writing. And then of course the tasks pile up and I get even more stressed to do anything. I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in having a support group? Where perhaps we can share our experiences, our goals, our progress, tips or even just to rant or ask for support.
oh my, I've been looking for people like you! is you still there?

oh my, I've been looking for people like you! is you still there?
Yay! I'm so glad that you are here. I'm still here. Would you like to be a part of the 'support group'? I'm thinking of a structure for the group. i.e. daily or weekly small steps setting, discussing our goals and difficulties, emotional support and so on. Advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcome :).

Freyja

SF Supporter
I'm not part of the academic world anymore but I have the feeling that I was made for it. I loved working in research, reading and writing my master thesis. I should have pursued with a PhD but I got convinced it was not useful for me and I couldn't take the stress anymore... Oh well, they lied, and jobs out there aren't any less stressful.

Two feelings I remember all too well, I wonder if others have sometimes felt that way :
- The more you learn, the less smart you feel.
- The Impostor Syndrome.

Good luck @Singularity Platy and others with your goals! :)

Atikah

Yay! I'm so glad that you are here. I'm still here. Would you like to be a part of the 'support group'? I'm thinking of a structure for the group. i.e. daily or weekly small steps setting, discussing our goals and difficulties, emotional support and so on. Advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcome :).
YAYYY OF COURSEEEEEEE...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$345.00
Goal
$255.00