Support Needed URGENTLY

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bagpuss18, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bagpuss18

Bagpuss18 Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

Well, I'm MJ. An 18 year old female self-harmer who's really wanting to end it all. I have been feeling like this since 30th June and was supposed to be having a session with my support worker on July 1st. Unfortunately she was ill, so now I'm somehow trying to hang on until 8th July. Three days feels like a lifetime... And anyway, what do I say to her wehen I see her?

Help.

Anyone wanna be my e-pal or MSN buddy? PM me. Please.

MJ

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good morning MJ,
    Can you give us some more details on what is going on. By the way welcome to the forum!! You came to the right place. You will find alot of people on this sight who may have similar problems to yours.
    Is there any one else that you can see while she is out sick? Please what ever you do , don't harm yourself. It may take a little time for others to reply to your thread. The only thing I can think of right now is to stay busy and keep your mind off of it. One coping skill is to do positive self talk. Anything from your past that was a positive. Focus on that and think of different ways the thoughts will come out positive. Another coping skill is visualization. Picture someplace you would like to see. Close your eye's and just picture your self there. While you are visualizing Try to control your breathing. I know these sound useless but the more you do them they start calming you down.
    You have three days if you don't think you will make it then sit down and write everything that is happening with you. Take it to the emergency room and tell them you aren't going to make it three days with out help, show them the list you made. Hopefully they will be helpful.
    I want you to log on to the forum as much as you need to. Thats what it is here for. Don't be afraid to speak you mind because know one here knows who you are. If you need to vent to calm down feel free to PM me. I wish you luck...:chopper:...

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sometimes other people don't know when it 's an emergency, so you're appt gets pushed back a week. but this counts as an emergency! call your support worker and say you need to see her on monday first thing. if she isn't available go to the ER. they can do an emergency assessment and see about finding you somewhere safe to stay for the next few days. is there anyone other than your support worker you can turn to, like a therapist? or the suicide helpline? please keep using the support here, in the meantime, but don't be shy about asking for other help.

c.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us so we can help support you. I know how difficult it can be when you feel you absolutely can't go on, yet you know if you could just get to the right place, help may be there. As dazzle said, I would try to contact your support worker and let her know exactly where you are at this time. She may at least be able to give you support over the phone or get you to a place where you can be safe until she can meet with you. Don't be afraid to use the help line as a means of support too. Maybe you could take precautions not to be alone for the next few days. Feel free to turn to us as often as you need to. We will do what we can. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

5. Bagpuss18

Bagpuss18 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

Thanks for respnding. Your supportive words and tips mean the world to me. My support worker is only available on Tuesdays. I have a counsellor too, but she can only speak with me in the actual sessions. The only support I get is my penpals and internet friends.

Basically, if you want to know more about the situation/s please log on to my profile on this link - my user name should be 'hotblooded'.:

What do I say to my support worker when I see her though? I'm feeling a little better now, but it's daytime. This time at night, I'll be in a mess again. But hey, it's 2:14pm on Saturday with me, so that means I've almost done another day, right?

What do I tell my support worker? When she phoned to say she was ill and did I mind missing the session that day, I pulled the whole "not at all, i'm fine" thing. But I'd been desperately suicidal from the afternoon before after a disastrous visit to the doctors. All that kept me hanging on, was 24hrs till that session.... 24hrs till that session... Etc. Then when she said are you sure you don't mind missing, i was like, so concerned that she was ill and i didn't want to put anybody out, so i just acted fine. But i totally wasn't. Should i have told her how bad i was feeling? Should i tell her on Tuesday? Or should i go on using letters and typing friends alone as my support network?

What will she think of me if i tell her the truth?

MJ

x x x x

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

well :welcome: to the forum here. please continue to share with us. we will do whatever we can to help. it feels good to vent sometimes too. i'm glad you're doing a little better. i would encourage you to be honest with what you share. you certainly don't have to share everything, but make sure it's honesty when you do. she can't sincerely help you if you're not.

please please take care and stay safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.