Support system getting smaller

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stacey123, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacey123

stacey123 New Member

I have a very small support system of two friends and a thearpist and psychologist. Tonight one of my close friends tells me she is tired of being on the emotional rollercoaster with me and needs off. She doesn't want to hear about my drama and feelings anymore I guess. I feel so lonely right now...it just retieraites why be here. There is no room for me in this world. I continue to hurt people around me. I know she doesn't mean to hurt me but she pushes me closer to escaping the pain of this world. Does she think I want to be on this emotional rollercoaster....but its okay for me to ride alone I guess.

To top it off I'm having problems with my therarpist I told her three weeks ago I wanted to stop meds and stop seeing her and walked out. I have since gone back to her but things seem awkward between us. Why go on?

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:freehug: Stacey

Would you be able to change to another therapist, like you can change doctors?

If you can Stacey, that would be a solution

tc

3. Ladygrace

Ladygrace Active Member

I know the feeling you are having as NONE of my friends well new ones know that things are wrong with me and the ones that know say the normal get over it. Some friends close or not really cant get a grip about how to deal with people who have depression.
    The best option is to express your feelings and things that are happening in your life to someone who can clearly understand your situation/thought process and listen to it.

As for your therapist, that is a minor issue as you can get a new one at request, although this depends where you live.
    A small warning depending on the dose of the meds you have been taking and the length of time you may need to be weaned off them over a few weeks, as sudden stopping can lead to some weird issues. Also did you explain to your therapist why you wanted to stop them?

Adding the last part i have done the same as you, but for reasons of my privacy being broken and the mental ward being contacted as my councilor knew if they got involved i would die before they find me so that is why i stopped.

4. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I'm there too. I have one friend, whose basically verbally abusive. It's fine i guess, we grew up together and just talk like that. My other friend has basically said he's tired of listening to me, and disappeared. Then my counselor is scheming behind my back ( i have proof) and talks down to me.

I wish i had the answer. You're not alone in being alone. If nothing else, you can find people who will appreciate your company (there are more than it may seem). Then build new friendships from that. Or take this time to self-explore. No one knows your situation more than you, so naturally: you should have the most compassion towards it. Life always changes, it flowed into a bad spot, so kick life in the face! Tell it to flow into a good spot! Threaten life to improve bc you won't let it win! If it says 'no' kick it again! Life is weak compared to us... To you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.