Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by plates, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plates

plates Well-Known Member

other than a 5 min convo with the samaritans and i dunno, the usual routine with the hospital, can anyone give me any clue as to where there are people who might value my life and not only "hear" but listen to suffering and potential death by saying something rather than nothing?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Here on SF people care.. :hug: I care! Also there may be support groups in your area.. I know a group here called NAMI. (National Association of Mental Illness- something like that) They have groups for people who want to share and find support. And there are people there willing to listen.. Maybe you don't have any friends right now, but there are people who are caring and would help you. Do you have a therapist? Therapists can also be good listeners.. And I know its more a job to them but at least you can get your feelings out.
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

thank you for your reply.
    i do have a therapist and i'm fortunate to have a good relationship with her. i only see her once a week
    support groups are tricky as i'm highly, whats it...i can be triggered very very quickly and end up in another crisis/ can risk my life, so i've avoided them.
    friends- i just don't want to go there. my entire life has been one huge pattern with the people i've been around. i'm so much more happier without them.
    having some type to read on SF can help in the short term but that's all.
    i doubt people's 'care', and it's justified. the word 'care' is thrown around far too often to mean very little from long term experience.
    i'm fine expressing my feelings. it's hearing nothing around me all the time which is killing me.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

hmm.. you seem to have a few similar issues I do.. I don't have any friends now either.. been used too many times.. I have trouble going even outside from PTSD and so yea.. I understand. I cant obviously tell you to feel cared for. I'm sure there are people who do care, sometimes its just hard to tell. I do care for you, but you don't have to believe me on that. I'm not really sure how to help you, but can relate.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i'm careful who i let into my life who 'care,' it's 100% worth it.

i'm used to feeling uncared for. i care for myself. i'm looking for someone who understands, (empathises, encourages some conversation and isn't cold) about what it is i go through, in terms of my crises and what i'm dealing with, i remember my last therapist had so much of an idea she never wanted me to broach the subject.

i am on the very end of the PTSD spectrum, myself in terms of...i go through CPTSD and DID which is integrating.
    i go through it (acute C PTSD) really bad i've been told.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

my threads help me realise myself and others around me

and how fortunate i am to have myself and no one else. dying and/or suffering alone is preferable to what happened before.

the pain has eased. it will come back and very hopefully, with time, my impulse to 'reach out' will fade as it did in the past when there was no one but myself, outside.

the good news is, i've become my own best friend- a clear victory, whether i take my life or continue living.

all the best.
  7. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Well.. tbh Idk what else to tell you.. :(
  8. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

Yet another reason reminding me i need to get off this site :eek:hmy:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.