surge of panic

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by swimmergirl, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

It comes in waves, it's so hard to deal with, to just hang on and ride it out, when is this going to end? Over and over, i keep remembering it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

a therapist a good psychologist will teach you how to ride it out safetly. also get you to deal with the pain and suffering so the attacks are not as many
    i hope you can get a caring psychologist that deals with trauma to help you ireally do You can't do this on your own it is too hard please try to get some professional help I know how hard it is how frightening it can be but the will lesson with help

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

hey there...please try and get in and get some help if you can...i use to think like you are now, but i have found that by talking about it in like therapy or whatnot helped dramatically lessen it's hold on me. oh i still think from time to time about those situations and there were more than one, but they just don't have the same power over me that they used to. honestly, i can't say that there was a particular method of therapy that helped the most, but i believe it was through my talking about them as i felt i needed to that helped me the most. just something to consider. btw it takes time too, but it can happen. please take care

4. swimmergirl

talking to my doctor helped, just not enough, I am so scared about tonight and how I am goign to get through it.

5. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I know. I know. the damned over and over and remembering...it is so difficult. I am so sorry you are going through this. we are here if you need us.

Rhino gives good advice. talking. also very much helps to connect to others who have similar experiences and talk to them.

It's important to find a way, eventually, to feel safe. There are some tips and tricks to finding a way to feel safe, sigh...it's not just the feeling safe because your brain won't accept that...you have to actually be safe and convince your entire being that you are safe and there are ways to accomplish that, there are things you can do.

sometimes it also helps (in addition to talking) to write and write and write. even if you write the same things over and over and over again. the writing does not have to make sense either. If you want, you can share what you write, with those you find safe.

is night the most difficult for you? If it is, perhaps we can help you brainstorm some ideas that might help a bit?

gentle safe **hug** if you want it. I am so sorry you are going through this. we are here if you need, ok?

6. swimmergirl

the night time is the worst, i can be fine all day, and then around 12:30 I start to freak out and feel very suicidal. The fear is overwhelming, and I feel so alone then it makes me crazy.

7. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Can you come here to the site when this starts up? Could you come here and hang out, let folks know how you feel and what is going on, and that you can't be alone? Folks here might be able to help divert your attention a bit, help you be/feel a little safer, or at least keep you typing...sometimes it helps me be safe if I keep typing...can't do anything to myself if my hands are busy at the keyboard and i am glued to my chair. Actually tried one night...was too difficult. The person i was talking too didn't even know what was going on, but they sure helped me a lot that night.

I don't know anything about your story or what has happened. Is there something that is setting this off at this particular time? Do you know why it hits when it does?

gentle **hug** if you would like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.