Surgery Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Megazoid, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megazoid

Megazoid Member

A few people on the forum will know my story, other's won't.

I suffered a physical injury to my head and groin that resulted in a rare hormonal disorder that 'triggered' an auto-immune reaction in my body when medication was adminstrated. Before all of this i was very healthy, young 23 year old guy. I have suffered alot of tramua in my life due to bullying, physical defects and various other mental health conditions but i have overcome them on my own.

After 4 months of real physical and mental torture however i am going in for surgery tomorrow. Some doctor's are for this surgery, other's aren't. Medical science cannot prove or disprove how effective this surgery is. Many scientific/medical papers point towards a high level of success, however some personal accounts don't. I have a 50/50 chance of this working and will not know for sure until about a month after the initial surgery (to give my body and brain time to register the vascular changes and restart).

The operation will last 2/3 hour's and i will be awake throughout.

This is one of the times i really need luck to fall into my corner and help me out. I wish to continue helping people with difficult conditions and hope this won't make my situation any worse than it already is, my body is already alot weaker since the auto-immune attack.

I am going into hospital at 6.30am to prepare for the operation, i feel confident but also nervous.

I will inform everyone of the results when i return home. I might be offline for a few day's however.

2. Dave303

Dave303 Well-Known Member

Megazoid, Best of luck on your surgery and we will see U very soon I am sure. Our prayers will be with U tomorrow so don't worry. :smile:

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Meg best wishes and everything crossed that the surgery works.

Thoughts and prayers go with you. :hug: :hug:

4. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Good luck Megazoid, youre in my prayers.

5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Wishing you all the best for your surgery Megazoid,

Good luck Hazel :hug:

6. nothing-

nothing- Guest

you are an awesome person. you deserve to have this work. i am not very religious, so I will have my fingers crossed for you.

if there is anything right left in this world, the surgery will be a success.

7. yoyo_girl

yoyo_girl Member

how very courageous! My best in this... be well. :)

8. I hope you're ok Mega.

9. StarFish

StarFish Guest

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers Mega:smile:

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Wishing you the best outcome possible...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers ....big hugs, Jackie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.