Surplus to requirements

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cassy, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassy

Cassy Member

I may as well be dead. I mean after all, I have no true friends. Plenty of people who claim to be my friends... but they don't mean it. I'm selfish... look.. I only come here to moan about myself.. I never offer anyone else support. I claim it's because I'm shy, and am scared to post... but I'm just selfish... that's the real reason. Everyone at work hates me, and I'm crap at my job anyway. I can't even play netball properly anymore because i've lost all enthusiasm. My parents hate me. I'm a failure. Some of my "friends" are hurting, and I can't do anything to help them because i'm so wrapped up in my own shit. It would be better off all round if I wasn't here. I wouldn't be a burden... no one would have to "pretend" to care... everyone can be happy. I'm surplus to requirements. I have no use... no purpose. I'm supposed to be 22 this month... I don't want to make it.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Cassy. Don't be so hard on yourself hun. You're not a selfish person. You have to help yourself first before you can help others. When you feel good about youself, you will want to help your friends who are hurting and you will feel good about it, because it's good to help others.
  3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Look at it this way...if you were as bad as you imply you probably wouldn't have written this. It sounds like you do care about people but you are in so much pain yourself that you can't be supportive to others. We've all been there and it doesn't make us bad people. It just means we need to spend time focusing on ourselves. It's alright to take care of yourself when you are hurting. It's not selfish at all. You do need to focus on you right now. You deserve to care about yourself. Please don't feel like you have to be helping people here. There are so many times when I read a post and wish I could help but my own pain is so's difficult but punishing ourselves for these times makes it even worse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being here to seek support for yourself. You deserve that. :hug:
  4. Suicide isn't selfish.
  5. deathisweet

deathisweet New Member

the consequences that lead to that sort of mental state vary in each different person. but everyone has a hard time and is going through something of their own u have to realise that.
  6. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

Hi Cassy,

You’re such a sweet and beautiful soul; you’re just lacking a bit of love, the same as everybody else here including ArghD. And it’s ok to be selfish; so don’t worry.

Sweet feelings from zzz.
  7. *why*

*why* Guest

Just thought I'd let you know that I've lost my beautiful girlfriend. She reached out to you to try and help, and yet she was encouraged to take her life. I thought this was supposed to be a supportive site? I'm disappointed, and devestated. I'll never have her back.
  8. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Since figuring things out, I have heavily edited this post--and I flat out do not have the words in my vocabulary to express my sorrow for your loss.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  9. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

After a simple search of posts I know I made this morning before leaving for work, I think I know what's up.

*why*: There was a troll (a troll is a person who only posts to make trouble) on here earlier and it all had to be cleaned up.

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I am sorry about the trollish posts, this thread seems to have slipped through the net, we didn't spot it in time and no one reported the goings on so it went unnoticed. SF is a supportive site, but due to the nature we sometimes get idiots signing up posting trollish messages (encouraging people to hurt themselves) and we do get on top of it and delete/ban but in this instance we missed it. I'm really sorry. :hug:
  11. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

You have to go and hang out with them. An identical situation happened with me. Just get out and suffer together. Talk about what's going on. Or just be with your friends. They are the only people who could understand you. Especially while you both feel horrible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.