Survived a attempt..

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Sigex, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigex

Sigex New Member

Background info: I'm from Florida, i'm 17 years old. So, I just got out of the Mental Hospital and decided to come here for support and help recovering from my 'depressive' state. My psychiatrist also said I should associate with people. Either way.

One week ago, I ran away from home with a gun, because I was just sick of everything in life. For some reason the police listed me as armed and dangerous, and SWAT came to my friend's house. Where I was saying my goodbye's to my BEST friend. They happened to come while I was there. So I was holed up in the house.. With a gun and one bullet, with SWAT outside.

I counted to 60. Told myself I couldn't do it, told myself I could do it, repeated that over and over till 60. At 60. <Mod edit: Method>

Everyone's telling me it's my "second chance" at life. I just see it as.. I really don't know. Either way. I feel so embrassed, all my friends look at me like a freak now. My parents look down upon me. Nobody looks up to me anymore. It sucks. :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
  2. twc

twc Well-Known Member

They are probably still in shock, or at least surprised. Don't worry about the rest of them right now, think about yourself and what you need. There are a lot of people here who have tried to kill themselves and been through difficult events. You obviously have been dealing with some horrible things so give yourself some time. Talk to other people here as I am not the most social one around (ha ha.) If there is some kind of music or art that you like a lot, then you might concentrate on that... it can be very helpful...
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

aww :hug: I think that it wasn't your time to die....your friends and parents probably don't know what to do...your parents might blame themselves trying to figure out how to help you...

at least you are getting help from your therapist that is great, and welcome to the talk about your problems here, we'll listen, relate and even give you our knowledge...

sending you loads of :hug:
  4. Sigex

Sigex New Member

Thank's for all the help everyone. :)
  5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

welcome to so sorry to hear what you are going through...for now dont listen to anybody sweet heart...just focus now in are not the 1st who wanna die...look at the number of people are in SF...I hope everything well fet better soon for you...
    take care :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.