Survived a Suicide attempt

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by pookeo9, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookeo9

pookeo9 Member

7 months ago, when my best friend died, I wanted to kill myself and join him in heaven because I used to talk with him every day for the last 5 years, he was like a brother to me, then the next day I went to a ghetto, walked to the alley, took my nouse and hung myself,then the next thing I remembered was being in the hospital regaining strength, someone told me that they found me hanging and called 911,It's now been 7 months since my suicide attempt and I do feel a bit suicidal from time to time but not as much as I did 7 months ago, and I just started to realize that Im thankful someone called 911, or I wouldn't be a manager of a KFC chain in downtown Vancouver enjoying life.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad things are better for you. :)

3. Rybread

Rybread Member

Sorry to let you in on this dude, but there is no heaven. Even if you do believe in heaven you cannot get there if you commit suicide because that is a mortal "sin."

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad someone got there in time too and that you are doing well now.

5. mkandy

mkandy Member

Sometimes it's hard for someone to intervene when they come across something like that. I am glad you are thankful for what they did. You have a second chance at life, even if it's a life you may not think it's worth anything. Believe me it is worth alot. It's up to you to find out what that worth is.

Marriage, family, helping others through their struggles....whatever it is. Find out. I think it's awesome that your a manager, you continue to climb upwards in your career (and yes there is a career at KFC making excellent money) do what you love, and you'll love what you do.

Hang in there and be strong. Let us know if you need any advice, we're here to help you.

6. nmarques

nmarques Member

Unless someone is a pagan, and in old pagan mythology Valhalla (heaven?) can be achieved by death in combat or by hanging (Odin hanged himself on Yggdrasil to obtain the ultimate knowledge).

7. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

Sorry to hear about your best friend..It's good that you recognised that you were given a second chance and you are feeling better.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing your story with us :hug:

I'm glad you've gotten better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.