Survived, and made the decision.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by AfterFact, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

After 8 months of pain, physical and mental, I have decided after surviving yet another attempt that I need help. So in the final hours before I go to the hosiptal and in the final hours before my family knows, I would like to say thank you forum, you have saved my life many times in the few days since I joined, and now I am finally listening to what my head has been telling me since I first tried to killed myself, and to what many members of this forum have been saying. I have suffered enough pain today to shock me into action.
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Good luck! We wish you the best!
  3. AfterFact

Any experinces with a hosptial? What should I expect?
    Edit: Sorry for posting this in more than one thread, im just a bit nervous.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  4. musiclady

musiclady Member

Good luck, hope you get the help you deserve. All I can tell you to expect is lots of waiting. Lots of paperwork, waiting to be evaluated, being admitted, etc. But they WILL take you seriously, especially since you recently tried. Unlike some family who may declare you don't need help. When my daughter was in, the rules were very strict and things like shoes and laces were taken away. You had to earn the priveledge to get any of your stuff. And they had structured time for everything. But this was for teenagers so maybe not true. You also get to talk with a psychologist, psychiatrist and doctor - people who will truly want to help. Please go and let us know how it went.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I am so pleased that you are seeking help....
  6. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Hey just wanted to say I miss you and I hope you are doing okay
    Me and Mikel are worried for you. Please get back soon?
  7. Sidewalk Slam

Sidewalk Slam Well-Known Member

I mean to say more than I can type right now so just pretend this is a better post than it is.
  8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Expect no freedom. Good luck.
  9. AfterFact

Im back well sort of I wont be posting much, but in the mornings on the weekends I have a few hours before my parents wake up. I would like to say sorry to everyone I triggered, insulted, or otherwise offended. The hospital hasnt changed me completly, but now I am determined to control my well, lets face it my addiction to self harm. I am on anti depressants, which helps me with sucidal thoughts.
    Mods I am sorry for causing trouble.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.