Discussion in 'After Effects' started by rookadoll, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookadoll

rookadoll Member

It was March 3, 2008. Surprisingly, it was the best night of my life. It was around 3:30 a.m. I was crying hysterically. Recently life had taken a toll on me. I didnt eat, I didnt sleep, I just sat there in my room on the floor everyday and cried my eyes out. I finally got the courage to try it. I had been cutting for about 6 months by then. I grabbed my razor, slit both wrist 4 times. I remember crying and crying. After that I dont remember anything after that. I awoke in my room with my mother sleeping next to me, my arms wrapped in towels. I woke up my mom she said she heard something break, ran to my room and found me on the floor crying. Somehow I dont remember her coming in my room. March 3, 2008 9:00 a.m. my mother took me to Texana Center. From there they sent me to Intracare North for treatment. I stayed there for a week.

I failed my attempt and am still having trouble with life. I need advice on how to stay positive. I need friends to help me through this hard time. Its hard here because I have no one, only my mom and its hard to talk to her about depression, she doesn't understand it. I need friends, support.....
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Not very good with the whole advice and answers thing but if you need a friend just drop me a pm :)
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You've come to the right place rookadoll for help and support. :hug:
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad your mother found you rookadoll. You said she doesn't understand, yet she cared for you and stayed beside you to make sure were okay. then she sought help. I would say she does understand. Don't be afraid to use her as part of your support system. We are here for that purpose as well, but the more means ofr support you can collect, the better off you will be. :hug:
  5. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

Well, I know firsthand what's it's like to wake up after an attempt. My mom was at my side, too, in the hospital. If nothing else, at least you know your mother is there to try and help you through this, whatever you may do and for whatever reasons.
  6. rookadoll

rookadoll Member

I am glad she found me too. If it wasnt for her I wouldnt be here.
  7. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

why did you cut? doesn't it hurt?
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum, You have come to the right place for help and support :arms: Feel free to PM me if you need to talk
  9. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

its so hard for people who have never experienced depression to understand it. when a loved one has depression, it makes them frustrated and angry because they feel like they cant help.
    if you ever need to talk im here.
    i know how you feel, coz when i was at the worst of my depression i had no friends either. i had no one to talk to, no one who understood, hence why i tried to take my life..
    anyway, i just want you to know that everyone here is there for you, and they all understand.
    please be ok =]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.