Swallowing stuff

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by willowbean, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willowbean

    willowbean New Member

    Hi everyone,
    About 2 weeks ago I became fascinated with the idea of swallowing items. So far, only pushpins and nails. My question- would the professionals consider this suicidal, parasuicidal or SH behavior?
     
  2. Acy

    Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

    Ouch! That sounds painful and dangerous! I've no idea how it would viewed or "diagnosed" - although I'm sure they would not think it's healthy.

    It would be best to get some medical assistance so there are no sharp objects in your stomach or gut that could cause serious damage. Please get to a doctor and let him/her know what's happening. I'm sure they've heard of it before, but medically, physically, it's best to make sure you're okay.

    Talk to us here instead of swallowing things. It's safer and you'll even find it helps you to feel better to talk than to do that to yourself. Be safe. :hug:
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.