Sweating from medications

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Does anyone else suffer with sweating from medicines as I do? In my case I believe it is caused by the lyrica and tramadol/codeine medications. It can get embarrassing, it gets so bad sometimes that people think I'm crying, does anyone else have the same issues and if so what helps it?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Any opiate or opiate category med (tramadol is one) can cause sweating when using and sweating from physical withdrawal if the use is common/frequent enough to become habitual. There is no fix to it if that is what is causing. Yes, I have the same issue from morphine and fentanyl, and had when took virtually every other narcotic or tramadol. Any med that is habit forming the sweating is the first sign of body telling you it thinks it is time for more.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks Ben. I guess that means I cannot stop the sweating if I don't or do take the meds? Caught in a bubble. Fentanyl is strong, my ex used to be on that and he sweated like crazy but for me tramadol is the strongest I will go. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply, it just gets embarrassing sometimes.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If stopped permanently then would reduce but cannot just skip this afternoon to avoid it- (hug)

5. Snooze1

Snooze1 New Member

I take Wellbutrin and Effexor and have a sweating issue as well. It's not so bad during the day, but I often wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty and then cold as a result. Night sweats are a side effect of the Effexor I believe; this would make sense since I did not have this issue until I started taking it lol. It's worse though if I forget to take it. The following night I will wake up numerous times absolutely drenched in sweat. Yum.