swim class

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Nyu, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to be going to a new school this fall, 10th grade. I visited the counselor today. I guess they have swim class. I didn't ask if it was mandatory though. It's only for half the schol yr, but still... i just really can't take the class.

I cut. I really just can't take the class. Does anyone know if it's mandatory? i live in the us btw. Like, im just not sure how to get out of it. All i know, is that i HAVE TO. :cry:

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

What's wrong with swim class? I love to swim and its really good exercise. But if you really don't like it, then talk to your counselor and see if there is a course that you can substitute for it.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Each school can determine which classes are mandatory for you to take. Sometimes you can receive waivers from the class if the school feels you have a valid reason for not taking it. The only way to find out is to ask. It might not be as bad as you think it will be.

4. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

wel, like i said, i cut, and i cant have anybody know that...

5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Fake a sick note ...? Like some injury or condition that means you can't do it for the whole year. Or you could say you have a complete phobia of water.
    Hey but that sounds really stressful :hug:

6. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

thanks elizabeth :hug:

I've ben panicking all day now lol. ive had nightmares about something like this happening, and now it is..eke...:sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.