Swimming with cuts

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Failure, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failure

Failure Well-Known Member

Today my family and I are going to see my auntie, uncle, and cousins. We are staying for the weekend. They have a pool, and where they live it is super super hot. I'm talking 45°C. I used to always go swimming wherever there is pool, but my family doesn't know that I stopped since I started cutting. I've been cutting for three months now. They don't know, and im not planning on telling them. Everyone is expecting me to go swimming, and I have no excuses to tell them that I can't. I can't suddenly get sick or anything like that in two hours, I can't say the cat scratched me because we don't have any pets, they are horizontal on my legs so I can't say I fell over because what's the logic in that. They are bright red and some are still bleeding. Band aids won't cover that up. I don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

just tell them you do not feel like swimming you do not owe them a reason really
    Or tell them truth and get help you need to stop self harming they will eventually find out now is a better time then ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.