Swimming

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by butterfly12274, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butterfly12274

butterfly12274 Well-Known Member

Hey,

My arm is full of cuts, but during a moment of utter stupidity I agreed on going swimming with a group. I should cancel it, shouldn't I? Them cuts just don't look good, I've even got a smylie cut in it. What should I do?
    It wouldn't be okay to show them in public now would it!?

2. Tara

Tara Guest

what do they look like? as in are they new or old? is there anyway you could cover them up?
    you shouldnt have to stop doing things because of cuts. I wonder if theres like waterproof plasters or concelears. or maybe you could desguise them as being from something else? where are they on your arm? just thinking because maybe you could wear a different styled costume to cover them?

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

You can, I believe, get swimsuits that have long sleeves on them. Or you could wear a t-shirt and go swimming in clothes lol...

I dunno if you're a girl or not, but if you are and the worst comes to the worst, you *could* say its that time of the month.

Maybe get some scar reducers, so that next time, the scars might not be so visible. Hope you work something out.

TDM

4. How would that make sense? ^ ^ She's bleeding on her/his arms! o_O

5. butterfly12274

I'm a guy and the scars are spread out over my entire forearm, including a macabre looking smylie that actually looks happy. Most cuts (about 15 out of the 28) are from <5 days ago. :? :(

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hmm. I know how you feel. :laugh: I live in Florida, we always swim..

Maybe wear a long sleeve shirt, with your bathing suit, and say you don't want to get a sun burn?

7. Tara

Tara Guest

im guessing its indoors That One Girl :(

i hope you can find a way to go!

8. butterfly12274

well I told her about it and she understands, so she won't mind me not rly swimming with them. There will be others who won't swim so that'll be okay. I'll just swim when the cuts no longer show, perhaps I'm lucky and they won't scar?:unsure:

9. Tara

Tara Guest

oh thats okay then.

hopefully :arms: also you could perhaps try some moisturisers/creams/lotions that specialize in scar/stretchmark reduction?

10. butterfly12274

yeah, I guess that by that time it'd be somewhat the okay time to tell my parents as it'll prolly take a couple of weeks for these to heal.. at the very least. *shivers* I'm kind of scared of myself, just want to get admitted as soon as possible before the scratches at the bottom of my arm become cuts, especially as they clearly mark all the veins. "down the street" :(

11. Tara

Tara Guest

:hug::hug:

You sure theres nothing else you can do to stop yourself from doing it? maybe some of our members can give you tips that they use?

If you want that kind of help is there a way you can get it? *ponders*

hope you feel better soon :arms:

12. butterfly12274

I asked my shrink, she said we'll talk about it this Tuesday.

13. kirakyoumou

kirakyoumou Well-Known Member

I have almost 30 cuts on one arm. trust me...ppls don't pay much attention to your arms. just try to shift it from view. *shrugs*

14. ^ ^

You're lucky then.

15. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I think TDM meant that "that time of the month" could be used as an excuse not to go swimming. :smile:

16. underdosed

underdosed Guest

i got all excited when i saw the title bcuz im a swimmer and i thought it was about something else(posting that in my own thread so as not to hyjack yours) but i can still help with your problem. if its outside, wear a shirt and say that you burn too easily or just be careful (keep arms under water or have a towel around you). there are ways of hiding it! dont worry:smile:

17. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

Use an ace bandage or something and say you hurt it doing ______ (something you do i guess, or something random you think of). Nobody will connect it with cuts, they'll think sprains, bruises etc, and you don't have to take it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.