swine flu

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by triggs, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i think i might have it :(

2. rosky71

rosky71 Well-Known Member

omg. have you gone to the doctors

3. triggs

triggs Account Closed

no not yet, and they advise you not to for some reason
    but my friend had it and thought she was better so went to the party i was at last night
    and now one of my other friends who was there and i are really ill :(

4. rosky71

o wow, thats is not good. umm have you looked up all the symptoms and compared it to what your feeling. hopefully you just have like something small like a stomach bug, well i mean hopefully you have nothing lol but you know what im saying

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

They advise you not to go, as it'll just spread the infection to others, which makes sense, from a medical point of view, hence why the authorities (the NHS, in the UK anyway), are saying that you should have 'flu-buddies', who can pick up your medication for you etc.

That said, if you have it from a party - no offence, but could it be that you are perhaps a bit worse for wear through drink / food / lack of sleep, or it could just be a bad cold?

6. triggs

triggs Account Closed

well i have had a hangover before, and i wasn't all that drunk coz.. well alcohol does affect me all that much anymore.. and there wasn't any food there :/ i am hoping it's something else but i have a few of the symptoms which isn't great :(
    i am a bit of a hypochondriac though, so i guess i'll have to see. for now, i think i need to sleep because my head feels as though it's going to implode

7. rosky71

yea just try to sleep it off and hopefully when you wake up you wil lfeel better

8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My uncle has got it... ):

9. rosky71

im sorry to hear that :(

10. Little_me

But folks, don't worry too much it's not that bad. It's like a normal flu for "healthy" people, just slightly worse.

11. Little_me

But for younger people, children, elderly and weak people, it might be very bad I should add.

12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Laura, I had it and so did my Mum. We got Tamiflu and now we're both fine.
    Try not to worry too much hun. The Doctors are saying to call them and then ask someone who is well to go to the chemist and get you the Tamiflu and then if you still feel really bad after the course of it, go to A&E.
    Hope you feel better soon.

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I had it. It wasn't the worst flu ever. I was kinda amused that I was one of a few hundred in my city of millions to get it.

15. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I think I've got it.

Last 4 days I have served over 1000 people in an store of which a lot like to cough in your face, some even tell you they have had swine flu:wink:

Last night I got a temperature. I woke up this morning still with that temperature. I have a slight cough, which I assumed was asthma caused by hayfever, but it isn't because the inhaler does not work. Also I have that throat thing you get when you have a cold/flu.

I think I may be at the very early stages, i hope i dont get it bad, i am going away for the day this Saturday, i hope it isn't bad by then :(

What medicine's shall i take now, early stages to fight it off before it becomes worse?

16. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hache, i hope youhaven't got it
    i had those sort of symptoms, headache, sore throat, fever, sickness, the usual for flu really... but this morning, i took a couple of vitamin tablets and had some orange juice and the symptoms have lessened a lot.
    so i'm guessing i don't have it.. probably just had a bad cold or a virus or something

:hug: hope you're okay xx

17. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

same here, days gone on i feel fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.