Sympathy for Lucifer

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

I've been told by many people on here to trust in God and follow him, etc.
    Now, you know who you are and I dont want you to feel offended, but I find it hard to believe in god.
    Here are my reasons.

One, If god is all knowing, all powerful, where does he get off, making the tree of knowledge? Hear me out, he made the tree, made Adam and Eve, told them "don't eat from it", but he knew they would and punished them for doing something he knew they would do, that's hypocrisy.

Two, Lucifer; again, god knows all and is all powerful, yet he creates an army of super powered beings called angels and makes three generals more powerful than any other angels, he makes one the most beautiful of all and even gives them free thought, now, the angels know they're immortal and have more power than any human and yet they're told to serve mankind and again, god knows all so why punish Lucifer when he knows that Lucifer wont follow orders, again, hypocrisy.

My sympathy for Lucifer, the Devil, comes from that, he was God's most powerful, most beautiful and yet god set him up to fail, thats not fair.
    Lucifer didnt deserve that at all.

Christians call him evil, but he is only evil because god needed an enemy, so he made one of his own the enemy and made mankind believe it was Lucifer's fault and not gods.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  2. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

wow..im not religious but i beleive in god and all that good
    stuff. because i dont have something to hope for..then there really is no purpose for me. but this makes a lot of sense too.
    very good and knowledgable argument.
    I think I might save this actually.

3. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I'm an Atheist, but I do agree with what you say. I'll also add this, even know I don't know flip about religion. People act like God is perfect and never makes mistakes. Anything claimed to be evil was automatically considered evil because God intended them to be. By what I hear, God is not perfect, God made mistakes, and God can be unfair, but since his title is what it is, people follow along. Even if I did believe in him, I wouldn't worship him, anything, or anybody.

4. Prof.Bruttenholm

In Paradise Lost, a story written of Lucifers fall, Lucifer rallies his angels in hell and tells them "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

Lucifer better represents mankind in a metaphorical sense, he represents all of us not wanting to serve something that believes itself greater than it truly is.

Put yourself in Lucifers place, if you were told by your parents when you were 13 to serve a cat or a frog, would you? Most likely not, because you'd be intelligent enough to know its just an animal, why should you serve such a lowly creature?

I am not making these statements to offend anyone, I am making valid points.

My next point, why would Lucifer battle god? If Lucifer knows god is all powerful, why challenge him? Christians and other religions often say the Devil, as they call him, is growing in power, how? How can Lucifer gain more power? And for that matter, if he can gain more power, that means he can defeat god, but if he cant, then why challenge him?
    It is said Lucifer can travel the earth, then no doubt he has read the bible, I would, if someone made a book on how I would fall, if Lucifer read the bible, since the bible doesnt actually say he is chained up in hell, that was just a story made up by Dante, then Lucifer knows he is doomed to fail, so why fight god?

5. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Paradise lost sounds very familiar..If I remember
    a friend of mine a long time ago loved that.
    cant remember is that a book?
    Im very interested in religion/fallen angels/occult type stuff
    I will check it out!

6. Prof.Bruttenholm

It is a book by John Milton, I believe.

You may also enjoy Dante's Inferno and of course his other works.

You may want to consider that Hell was invented based off the Norse Goddess Hel, who had control of the underworld, she was daughter of Loki and half lizard.
    Christians stole the idea, along with the idea of easter, based off the Norse Goddess Eastre and christmas was stolen from the Romans holiday of Saturnalia.

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I know there are other books of the bible, that not many religion like to make public, I can't remember the name but in it, lucifer and God are in cahoot....Lucifer says to God that he will torture this one man to prove that he would curse and go away from God....God agrees...and lucifer tortures the man with all kinds of thing and still the man kept his faith, when he finally dies, God made him eternal...and I don't exactly remember the rest but yea...and to me that made sense because everything God made has a purpose...and so lucifer has a purpose as well in this world...

I firmly think that God wanted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of knowledge...since he's everywhere and sees it all, if he didn't want, he would have stopped them just like he stopped that man from sacrificing his son...and since God is in everything, he's in the tree of knowledge, the apple, the snake and adam and eve....

8. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

The book you are referring, I think is the book of Job. It is correct that God allowed Satan to test Job. His children and all wealth was taken away. Then his health was gone too. His wife told him to curse God and die. But he said "the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Then after Job withstood the test and prayed for his friends who also accused him, (Job 42:10) God restored Job's losses. God gave him twice as much as he had before.

9. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. God made the tree of Knowledge to test if man would eat of it. He has given man to power to choose. Man can choose to eat or not eat. Satan came to tempt man and told man that they would become like God. Pride from satan's spirit came into man and so man ate the fruit. They did not die physically but spiritually. Man lost the glory of God. It was the same pride of Lucifer that entered man.

God wanted man to have the power to choose. He did not want a bunch of robots. He could have made all robots by just making people follow His orders. But He is looking for someone who would obey Him with all their heart.

10. Prof.Bruttenholm

Except for a few things, one, if god is all knowing, then his exercise of the tree was useless, he knew the end result, unless he isnt all knowing.
    Second, it is Satan that tempts Eve who then tempts Adam, its a serpent, Satan is never mentioned in the entire book of Genesis, the serpent refers to Gods of the past, before christianity, such as Tiamat or other serpent gods.
    Implying that the old religions were ways away from the 'true' christian god.

Third, read the book of Thomas, that was only recently discovered, you'll notice in the passage regarding a young jesus who strikes down boys who mock his mother for being a *****.
    Fourth, Mary Magdalene, was not a harlet, she was simply married off to a Greek, but she bore him no son and was considered an unfit wife and called a harlet.
    Fifth, if you noticed, more than a decade of jesus' life is missing, he goes from about 18, to 30, where are those years?

The common bible today is King James version, it was revised during that time because the church worried about the rate of population beginning to read and if the common people could read, they may question god so the bible had to be changed so there could be no question because to control religion is to control the masses.