symptoms of depression?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anotherearthplease27, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anotherearthplease27

anotherearthplease27 Well-Known Member

just wondering if paranoia and loss of memory is part of depression. like you dont remember putting a drink next to your bed and when you wake up its there. stuff like that. plus i was wondering with paranoia can you make yourself hear things...ie you are sure someone is talking about you and you overhear conversations about you...?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

alcohol to much of it can bring on some signs of paranoia can cause you to hear things as well that are not there. The best thing for you to do is to get a professional to examine you ok get assessed by someone to make sure what exactly is happening hugs

3. anotherearthplease27

thank you total for your advice. nice.

4. raffle

raffle Guest

that very well could be a part of it. when you're feeling depressed you're obviously feeling down about yourself so it can seem as though everyone around you thinks as low of you as you do of yourself. so thinking that others are talking about you could just be you projecting your own feelings about yourself onto others. and loss of memory could simply be because when you're depressed, you're not really conscious of what you're doing. you just don't care. you might put a drink next to your bed without much thought and then later you see it and ask yourself how it got there. you're not fully there when you're depressed.. like you're going through the motions of everyday life without really being alive. i say all of this because i feel that way too.. lifeless..

5. anotherearthplease27

sorry about the late response....i have not been coming on here very often........

i am very sorry you feel this way too...or at least a couple weeks ago you did...hopefully you are feeling better now.

lifeless....such an appropriate word for me lately...but i have been trying..or was trying...thinking of trying to live...trying to take life a moment at a time

thank you for the response..it's nice to know i am not the only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.