Take me serious

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nascito, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nascito

Nascito New Member

I'm new here and I haven't bothered to read some of the other post, but I'm suicidal. I've been told by my peers and parents that I'm a reasonably attractive gentlemen who is some what intelligence, so you're probably wondering what's his problem? I tell myself everything is good, and truth is it really is. I have hands, feets, eyes that function above average, and I'm half decent at whatever I do, but I suck at school. How can I expect to function in society being lazy, and failing at schoolwork, it's beneath me(no I won't try harder because I'm too lazy). Honestly I tube myself out and write out my feelings but I have no idea what my problem is. My teacher says my artwork is good and that i'm "talented" but I can't help but to feel nothingness. I'm tired and sleepy and I'm just tired of waking up, I could bitch about my problems all day, but no one would listen, and if they did I wouldn't care about them. I thought being alone would be the solution since being with people doesn't help much...I try to be an honest guy but all I get in return is negative emotions..I truely want to flourish but it's just beyond me at this point. I try...and I try...but I just can't be happy in a society that generally values sex and money over friendship : (
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm horrible at schoolwork too. Part of it is because I HATED school, with the exception of the computer courses.

I'm not sure if you're talking about high school, or college. If it's college, then maybe it's just not for you. There are things you can be successful at without going to college, because some people just aren't meant to be there. If it's high school, I guess the best I can tell you is just to try to get by until you graduate.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you talked to your doctor about your emotions. He may be able to refer you to a councillor who can talk with you and yes listen and figure out why you are feeling so down. Talking to someone does help psychologist can help change these thoughts. Doctor can diagnose you see if you have form of depression and put you on medication to help get rid of the distorted thoughts you are having. Reach out and get help so you can start changing things up now early in the year. take care
  4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

society is nothing like in the movies.
  5. User Name

User Name Member

Yes do yourself a favor and see a doctor. From my experience in life sex and money are the exact opposite of what society really values. Personal relationships are what gets you places in this world. I bet your teacher has some connections in the art world. Get to know her and her friend maybe one day your art will be displayed in the school or even in a city square some day. Relationships and social networks are the most important thing in the world IMO and just look around you may see it too.
  6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I did bad in highschool too. But when I went to adult ed I did pretty good without studying all the time. School doesnt really prepare you for the world. once you're out of there life is very different.

Have you talked to a professional about your suicidal thoughts? The school counsiler or some other adult?
  7. Mike04

Mike04 Active Member

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but my advice is to simply get un-lazy. Im tired all of the time myself, I still get up and try to do things, even if whatever I do is good or not. The point is that I am doing something and staying active, and you should too.

*Perhaps you lack motivation?
  8. papertiger

papertiger Member

I would recommend talking to a counselor of some sort to help with this. I had the same feelings when I was suicidal, or lack of feelings really. All I wanted was to sleep and never wake up.
    Things come fairly easily to me, but I was failing out because I just couldn't bring myself to care. I had caring friends too, but that didn't make me happy either. Just because you're not miserable, doesn't mean you can't be depressed. Sometimes all it takes is spending too much time alone with your thoughts.
    For me it really was a chemical imbalance that kept me from feeling what I should, I had just assumed it was due to my own lack of caring and laziness. Therapy and medication really did make a huge difference for me, I just wish it came before my attempt rather than having to deal with the consequences after the fact.

A school counselor would be a good place to start and it won't cost you anything to see them. School isn't the end of the world either, I actually think it's better to go out and take time to figure out what you want to do rather than wasting time failing school because you have no reason to care about studying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.