Taken Seriously

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozinuk, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Does anyone else here feel their words aren't taken seriously, I know I do my wife was so dismissive of this whole situation, I felt my doctors were just humouring me (bastards) and everyone else were saying "Here we go seeking attention" well screw them let's just see who has the last laugh. :badday::thatsit:

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Yes.

However, your wife did take your seriously to look to getting you sectioned. I know that probably doesn't help much though.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Ihope you know you're taken seriously here. I can understand where you're coming from though, it's an awful feeling when people don't take you seriously or brush you aside thinking you just want attention.

4. masive

masive Banned Member

Yes sometimes.

I don't know the full story with why? and about you?.. Ozinuk.. Sorry..

What do you mean "were see who has the last laugh" That sounds worrying mate..

5. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I feel like stringing myself up on my wife's front veranda, teach her to be so damned dismissive, I wonder what her friends would say. :blub::thatsit:

6. masive

masive Banned Member

Thats no answer.. If you want me to understand feel free to pm me with whats gone on. Remenber were all here to help.

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds like you desperately need to be heard and validated. Does it help to know yu're heard here?

8. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

It does help to know I'm heard here but the "people" who need to hear won't listen........ maybe I have nothing of interest to say, maybe it is me and not them. :blub::lone:

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I'm here and I'm listening.

10. masive

masive Banned Member

So am I !!

11. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

People only listen when you have something relevant or important to say hence I am or what I have to say is irrelevant or of no impartance. :blub: :lone:

12. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What is it you want to say to them, that you want them to hear?

13. masive

masive Banned Member

Tell me what you want to say give me there details and I'll tell them for you were there listen..

We listen because we acutally care.. I listen because it breaks my heart to hear thing from a human being that breathes and live just like me. If we could take some of your pain away I/we would.

YOU ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY HERE. AND SO AM I!

14. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

The dr's know I suffer from severe PTSD I have been on the waiting list since october 2007 for CBT and now I'm not eligible. My last attempt landed me in hospital for 4 1/2 months when they found out my wife said "He's attention seeking" stabbed, beaten, broken bones, coma for 2 weeks yeah attention seeking......................f**k I hate my life. :blub: :lone:

15. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Why are you not eligible?

Have you tried talking to PALS? Or getting an advocate from MIND?

There are people out there who do, can and will hear.

If your wife is not your current partner (i.e. you are married and separated), I wonder if there is a way to ensure she is not involved in your care on any level, that way she can't have any influence in any way.

16. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

The British and Australian governments have a reciprocal agreement when it comes to health be it military or resident, because combat related PTSD is still a controversial issue neither governments are willing to help, now it's been that long since I was diagnosed with PTSD and had no help I feel I have gone as far as I can with it and even if they said start tomorrow I would then decline as my life is unbearable and the lives of those around me have suffered. The fact is I cannot regain what I've lost, I haven't got the physical, emotional or mental strength to pickup the pieces to start again because it's been going on now for too long and I've lost to much. :blub: :lone:

17. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That's very sad and hard.

I personally don't think you are too far gone though, and neither do they to continue to offer you support.

Yes, your life is unbearable right now, and others have suffered, but your life doesn't always have to be unbearable, and if you died, those who love you would suffer more than they did with your illness.

You can't regain what you have lost, but you can look to gain from the future. If you die, you have lost everything, and right now, you have more than nothing.

With the right therapist picking up the pieces can feel much easier than we ever realised. Maybe that's all you need- the right person.

18. masive

masive Banned Member

Scum is right mate..

19. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

The past betrayals have put such a wall up against the "professionals" I feel I cannot open up to someone I cannot trust, I have been hurt by these people, betrayed these people and it was these people who help ruin my last marriage.

I wish it was as simple as going to a therapist sitting down and opening myself up I have afear of it happening again. As for my family they will be told it was a result of a mugging/robbery I plan to have provoked help as I did in my last attempt. :blub: :lone:

20. masive

masive Banned Member

Then Steve, Talk to us use us!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.