• IMPORTANT: Covid-19 can only be discussed on this site in terms of SUPPORT. There is a covid-19 support forum and a covid-19 support chat for people needing support around this topic. There is a thread in Forum News and Announcements explaining this further. Please read it.

Empathy Only Taking a break

Leesa

*hug could you get dentures instead of the 3,500 bill for dental work?
I replied to this by my phone but I guess it didn't take. The answer is an adamant absolutely not. This threat is empathy only. That's not meant to sound harsh as I know it might come across that way. No advice please.

Dwight

SF Supporter
I'm confused. You told Thauoy that caring wasn't enough, but you tell Black Opium that this thread is for empathy only, no advice. What DO you want Leesa? I relate to your thread so much & have felt/am feeling many on the same things you are. But you have to decide what you want out of SF first & foremost, I think. If you just want to vent & work through issues on your own, or are open for advice, comfort, and/or recognition of your issues? I'm 62, so I definatley relate to the age thing.

Leesa

I'm confused. You told Thauoy that caring wasn't enough, but you tell Black Opium that this thread is for empathy only, no advice. What DO you want Leesa? I relate to your thread so much & have felt/am feeling many on the same things you are. But you have to decide what you want out of SF first & foremost, I think. If you just want to vent & work through issues on your own, or are open for advice, comfort, and/or recognition of your issues? I'm 62, so I definatley relate to the age thing.
I post on other threads if I want advice. This is just a thread to share how I feel. My stating caring isn't enough is
how I feel but the comments did not go unappreciated. I do not want advice on this thread. This is why I posted under empathy only.

Dwight

SF Supporter
I post on other threads if I want advice. This is just a thread to share how I feel. My stating caring isn't enough is
how I feel but the comments did not go unappreciated. I do not want advice on this thread. This is why I posted under empathy only.
I gotcha. Sometimes we all just need to scream a bit. Totally with ya there! I hope I didn't offend...

Leesa

Spent two hours with the therapist today. We've been working together 5 months. She likes me. I like her. She has been a therapist for about 20 years and has been able to help people. Today we couldn't think of a reason for me to live. She's a very positive person and wants to help but doesn't know how. I was very calm and she was trying hard not to overreact. I don't have a reason to live. My core human needs are not being met. The reason to not kill myself is the possibility of failure. That's not the same as a reason to live. It was a very sad morning.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$270.00
Goal
$255.00