Taking a new step

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Grace, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grace

Grace New Member

Hello, I'm kinda scared talking to you guys about this depression I'm dealing with, but I've been dealing with it so long, it has gotten bad. To the point where little things have me reaching for a gun.
    I am a former victim of child abuse, and I feel as if I'm a waste of space, and i'll never be able to lead a normal life. I also don't feel human anymore.
    My life has boiled down to me going to school, coming home, and going to sleep and i have constant anxiety attacks so I hide in the bathroom a lot.
    I also have a big problem with skin picking, and I have ugly scars all over my face and body, and it makes me feel worse.
    I also have a bad habit of locking myself in the bathroom with no lights on, I'm not sure why I do this, but it stops my panic attacks.
    I cry easily but my mother tells me I cry all the time, and I'm annoying and I'm ruining her life by making her unhappy, she also says she sees kids everyday worse off than me, and im a horrible person for being so sad.

I have no friends to talk to, and I never have. I really need people to talk to.

2. vixter101

vixter101 Chat Buddy

I don't think my previous message to you posted correctly so here I go again.

First things first, welcome to SF...this website is a god send (for me at least). We are a big community family here and you will find friendship, help and advice from people of all ages from all over the world.

In terms of the problems you are going through, I feel for you. I too suffer from depression, and find it difficult when my parents don't understand how ill I can be at times but if you get some help that you need and deserve, I'm hopeful that they will be more understanding to you. Do you currently see a doctor at all? Are you on any medication?

Hope you feel ok. If you ever want to pm me, please feel free to do so.

Vix x

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome. We do care, and help each other.

Post a few more times and I think you'll make some friends. There's a forum here specifically for depression, but you can (within the FAQ) post whatever is on your mind, without being condemned or criticised.

You'll probably come across others who are or have been, where you are.

4. Grace

Grace New Member

Thank you I am very happy to be here, hopefully I can make my upward journey

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Grace and a warm welcome to you.. i also have bloody terrible depression which has been helped some with meds. also a victum of childhood abuse... what helped me was therapy with some kind, smart caring professional people. yes there maybe other not doing well at all people in this world but you are really hurting now and not doing well.. mother's words are misplaced and not helping at all... would reccomend getting some professional help for yourself.. not easy probably but can really help.

lots of other good people on this website.. not going to judge and attempt to hurt you on here. we understand and just know Grace.. look at the forums below the listing of the welcojme forum.. abuse, depression and many others that maybe be a fit for you.. any questons about stuff on here please let us know.. hope to hear some more from you as get used to this place.. tc, Jim

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Grace, Like the others have said we are family. We are here to help fix whats broken.. So don't be afraid.. No one knows who you are in real life.. Take Care and best wishes..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.