Taking Control.

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Inspire&Inquire, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I have noticed this is the third least populated section on the forum in terms of threads. I find that unsurprising, it tells us something about ourselves I think. That we use this forum to dwell on problems rather than come up with solutions. Maybe with this post I can work to change that.

I have fallen off the wagon once again. I had earlier in the year quit smoking, took to the gym and learned the guitar. I lost 40 pounds then gained it all back, and even started smoking again so I quit again though I'm still gaining weight. What drove me before, more than anything, was the feeling of love.

I have a number of issues that I care to address.

I wish to eliminate paranoia and stop fixating on thoughts of what others are thinking about me. I know I'm a good person.
    I wish to stop fantasizing and reminiscing about things and live more in this world. I wish to help others and notice qualities about them that I admire.

I wish to learn to commit to something - I have a number of projects, books I wish to write, machines I wish to invent.
    And will, I wish to have the will to start my projects and I wish to enjoy doing them. I wish to enjoy the process.

I'm going to start by going on a walk.
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I need to commit to improving my diet. One step at a time. Step one will be the elimination, or close to it, of munching on chips, crackers, cheetos and the like.
  3. sick2deth

sick2deth Well-Known Member

I did everything one step at a time, I could eat better though. I had to get myself away from anything/anyone toxic and get as clean as I possibly could before making any decision concerning my life....It's taken a long time. I now control what goes into my body and who I let into my life...So for me I am on the right path.
  4. forestskog

forestskog New Member

You are very right. I notice in myself, since I went into this state, that I don't even focus on solutions. Thank you for your post.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is also because this forum was just added about a year ago.....(unlike others that have been here since 2005)