Taking it one day at a time.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by zeeby, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeby

zeeby Member

Some times, just getting out of bed is difficult. I used to think that depression could be "cured" that you could follow simple steps and then be happy; it doesn't work that way though. It takes work, hard work, every day to function. Some days are easier than others, but lately it is just exhausting. It breaks my heart when I can't be good enough to face the day. Does anyone else feel heart broken?
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Can't be as low as I was at my worst - so not heartbroken - but certainly heart-cracked in recent times. Ironically one of the things that's easiest to do is to help others in similar positions...
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

If a whole day is too much to manage, you can shorten down future outlook even further. An hour at a time can do. Maybe in the morning the idea of the entire breadth of the day is enough to make me toss the alarm clock 'cross the room, unplug the phone and hope the world doesn't notice my absence. But if I think of it in such a way that I tackle the hour, I must get up and take a shower, I can do that, that is not so hard, so do that. Then once that's accomplished, tackle the next hour. This cures nothing, of course, but it can force you to move yourself about and get through to the next day when maybe you feel enough energy to take on a little more, address problems, feel slightly better than before.

I know it's hard when you're doing your best and it still falls so far short of what you want to be able to do, or what you used to be able to do before you tripped and fell down the well, as it were. Discouraging for certain. Heartbreaking indeed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.