Taking things too serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagroen

I have been driving myself crazy after 2 of my close friends that I am going to college with in less than 2 weeks are both saying I take things too seriously / get offended way too easily.

well its how I have been all my life, and when I ask them how to change it, they go off on a rant to work out / get a job and it will help get rid of depression

With my stress lately I have been bottling everything up, to the point that I dont think I should even go to college, just get my student loan, spend some of it on my parents then say goodbye to this cruel world.

I really dont know how to think for myself anymore because when I try to talk, people shut me down and make me feel worthless so I dont speak my mind.

I just keep telling myself, whats the point in being here if I cant speak for myself or anything that I think about is wrong and no one accepts my opinions or respects it.

Sorry for the random rant, just need to get it off my chest as its been haunting me lately.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
:hugs: Clearly your friends haven't experienced depression and do not understand how debilitating it can be, working out or working is not the answer but it may help take your mind off of things,a little.

You need to see a professional who can arrange help for you, such as your main doctor.

I hope venting has helped a bit :)

Jagroen

My friend has dealt with depression worse that me, he escaped war when he moved to canada.

Im happy that im going to school, but I still feel my opinions are worth nothing to people.
I dont knopw how much further I can go.

Venting helps and I wish I wasnt so lazy to go see a dr, I personally want a group meeting to hear peoples experiences.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That does not make what you are going through mean less and that you shouldn't try to get it treated. Millions of people have it worse than I but everyone deals with everything differently.So it is down to that person to decide what to do.

Best of luck with your studies, try not to care what anyone else thinks however hard that is.

Try and find a group meeting in your area. Google is your friend, I how you really do reach out and get help because you need it now

Last edited by a moderator:

Jagroen

So i just hung out with my friend and roommate this weekend but I wanted to catch up on some of my video game stuff so they played payday 2, I felt left out because they went to subway and didnt invite me cause I have no job atm and no money.

My friend got mad at me cause we were talking and he says I still get offended too easily, I want to change I really do, but at this point im losing "motivation" to keep any friends at all and I dont dare move back home because my parents treat me as a child / butler

at this very moment, I dont want to be alive...the temptation of SH is starting again.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What do you want people to do? Treat you like a kid that takes everything so personally?

maybe YOU need to start letting water roll off your back like a duck. Dont take anything personally. It is YOUR life, not theirs. Your pace. Not theirs. If you are not ready for a job or college, just inform them you are working on it. Enuff said. When you are emotionally ready to tackle on what you want to do, you will be happier.

If you complain too much and be negative, people will give you unwanted advice. Just saying from experience, smile here and there people would just relax and start not giving you unwanted advice if they see that youre satisfied with where you are at and is working towards a goal.

it DOES suck when have no money to go out and do anything. But when you have a job, itll be great feeling in the world to be able to hang out anywhere but for now just take advantage of free activities that your friends happen to be doing at that time.

Jagroen

Well easier said than done, all my life I havent realised I was taking things super personal and this is the first time I have been called out and it hurts very bad.

being negative always comes with depression, So I dont know how to get around that.

and yeah Im trying to take advantage of the free activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00