taking thyroxine to lose weight

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Heavenly Star, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

I've always had issues with food and eating and it's getting worse. I bought some thyroxine tablets off the internet as i heard they make you lose weight quickly. The stupid thing is, I know it's not a good thing to do but i'm desperate to lose weight and be thin and pretty. I've tried to talk to my psychiatrist about it (although haven't mentioned the thyroxine) but because i'm not particularly thin she doesn't take it seriously. I feel trapped because part of me wants help and part of me doesn't because i don't want to be fat anymore. Should i tell my psychiatrist about the thyroxine? I know she'll get angry with me.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

info

I would be very cautious about taking medication bought from the internet. Especially a prescribed med like Thyroxine, I'd be querying what the tablet contains, it's doubtful that it's actually Thyroxine, you could have bought anything.

I would definitely talk to someone about this, whether it be your psych or gp & look into losing weight with a healthier approach.

Best wishes :hug: xx

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Definitely do not order things like pills or medication online. It should always be done with a doctors prescription. You should get yourself checked out if you have started taking thyroxine.
    Also I recommend telling your psychiatrist.

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Stop taking the thyroxine now! :cry: You may get heart failure at any time, even before you have reached your weight-goal! It's really, really dangerous! Thyroxine make the heart swell.
    See a doctor immediately :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.