talking doesn't help so why am i here?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by brick, Sep 18, 2016.

1. brick

brick Member

because I can't think of anything else to do in this moment?

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Please use the chat rooms to talk to other users or post your story we try our best to help YOU.

3. brick

brick Member

there's nobody in chat :(

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Try later on. Don't worry there is always someone in chat. Tell us what's making you feel like this? You don't have to say anything unless you want to. Take your time as there is no rush. Most important be safe.

5. brick

brick Member

i am unfulfilled, overwhelmed with feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy, been mulling over various ideations for ~7 years

6. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum.

7. brick

brick Member

i don't feel welcome :|

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Perhaps posting something about what you are feeling or what is going on rather than saying talking doesn't help as a title when all the people that are here are here because they want to talk? Very early sunday mornings does tend to be a little slow in general for everything and everywhere - this site is not different - there are more people around later in the day and other days of the week but if you actually want to talk to people then try actually saying something as opposed to a statement saying talking doesn't help and wonder why people choose to not bother replying... you may have better results.

9. brick

brick Member

perhaps i am more loquacious in chat :/

10. brick

brick Member

fwiw i feel crappy in general about everything and that i am a massive abortion of a human being who is essential nowhere

11. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I'm sorry brick, i know how you feel

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I hope you talk to us more about what is actually going on in your life for you w will support you and try and help, THEN see if talking helps or not, like anything else, you do not know unless you try.

13. brick

brick Member

i mean like, therapy hasn't helped, talking with friends hasn't helped, talking with strangers on random websites not oriented towards the suicidal hasn't helped

so i didn't and still don't know what to do with myself :/

14. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

Maybe you aren't talking about the right things?
    Sorry if it sounds odd, but I guess it can depend if you feel like you can really open up about the things bothering you.

15. brick

brick Member

well i guess i fucked up at this too then

16. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

No, I didn't mean like that. But maybe there's something you need to talk about, but you don't know how to say it or maybe you don't even know what is bothering you?

17. brick

brick Member

maybe i dont want to talk about anything specific maybe i just want to know if there's a way to make this garbage feeling go away

18. ponkotsu

ponkotsu Well-Known Member

Hi, brick. I also don't find talking to people very helpful. At best, it just keeps me occupied and at worse, I ruminate over all the things I said "wrong" for days. I'm sorry you're having trouble finding support here too. If you stick around, you'll get to know when people are more active.

If you're looking for ways to make the pain go away, maybe you can try some DBT skills? I'm sorry if you're already familiar with them; I just know they can be very helpful for people with chronic suicidal toughts. It won't be overnight and DBT is sometimes the farthest thing from "fun," feel-good activities but maybe it can help get you to a different place. dbtselfhelp.com is a good place to start. I like the "Everyday DBT" section.

I have trouble communicating with people so I keep a journal here. People are welcome to comment if they'd like but it's mostly a personal thing. Perhaps you could try something like that.