Talking....simply talking.

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Talking gets a lot off your chest and a weight off your shoulders. If you have a problem, always share it with someone, because the chances are that it will help. As they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. That is what has helped me throughout my recovery process- don't get me wrong I still have anxiety issues and sleep problems. But I have come a LONG long way just by talking about my problems to someone who I know cares and is willing to listen. So, please talk about it, no matter how embarrassing or depressing or something you feel you cannot talk about. Talk one to one with someone, whether it be here on the forum, through private message, a helpline, the samaritans, console 24/7 free helpine with registered counsellers, just talk!! If you need information depending on location, I will help if needed.

2. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

That's very true. I think talking can often be that initial step for people. I don't think in all my bouts with depression, suicide, and anxiety that I've ever had a thought that I was able to keep in forever. Eventually, you just have to let it out to someone, somehow.