Talking to Ex's

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Zirone, May 14, 2009.

1. Zirone

Zirone Well-Known Member

I dunno what sort of reaction im gonna get from everybody but i'll explain the situation before asking the question;

Broke up with my ex like 3 weeks ago, i recently found out she'd been crying over me and wanting to talk to me even though she has a new boyfriend, althouuugh: said boyfrined has already cheated on her and keeps using her.

We've started talking again and i haven't got over her, i've already said how i feel about her, but she keeps saying that im worth alot more than her etc etc.

So the question is, do i pursue this or do i just forget and move on? :sad:
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

That's a tough one for me to give any advice on, but I can relate based on my own experience.

The 1st gf I had broke up with me after about a year then found another guy. I kept contact with her because of the way I felt about her. The guy cheated on her and I was back with her in a minute! We continued on and off for about 6 more years. She's probably the only girl I ever thought of marrying. I won't go into why I didn't.

I think it just depends on your age, how much in love with her you are, where you're at emotionally, and other issues.

If you love her, I don't see anything wrong with another try. Like I said, this is based on my own experience, nothing more.
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

If you still want to be with you, and it seems like it's pretty clear she still has feelings for her, talk to her. Maybe things can work out again :hug:
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Its up to you.

But make sure your decision takes your health into account. Some people sacrifice a lot of themselves to help somebody else when that other person isn't as interested in helping them in return. The first thing to do in getting a relationship is making sure you're ok.
  5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend first thought on this, is that your ex, is the same person things didn't work out with.

that is, the same issues are still there.

usually, what didn't work the first time, does not work subsequently.

but there are exceptions to every rule.

in my own life, i've always been very sure before i made the break - and once i did, i never considered getting back with the person, even though i have remained friends with them. (except for the last)

and....there is something to be said for trying - so that you won't have regret or questions of 'what if?'

(just my humble opinion, only)