Talking to myself [3]

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AnguishExistence, Jul 6, 2016.

1. AnguishExistence

AnguishExistence Breathe. SF Author

Subject: Soulmates

A lot of us, maybe not all of us, but a lot of us usually feel alone or feel like people are always leaving us. Honestly, we might be right about that, but we look at it as a bad thing because as a child (at least in my life) the pressure to have a lot of friends was a sign of good mental health. Good for the soul and all. What they don't tell you is that people will leave and it won't always be at your fault. In fact, most people that leave anyone, it's just a fact of life that it was bound to happen.

To better explain this, I should state my definition of soulmate. A soulmate is someone who comes into your life and teaches you a lesson- good or bad. In many, many, many cases these people will leave you. If you are anything like me, you take every single time as a personal smack in your life.

Something to understand is that no matter who we are or who we become or want to become, no one is permanent. Peeps like many of us who feel like we always need someone there for us, we take it hard when someone leaves without notice or says goodbye for whatever the reason and in most cases we try to hang on to them and it becomes a toxic friendship or acquaintanceship.

We have to learn that from everyone we come in contact with, we teach them something and they teach us. These lessons aren't always good, but they are lessons we take through our lives, but we have an issue with letting people go.

Personally, I've recently started accepting that no one will stay with me and fight the bad fight or good fight with me. That I have to do it on my own. I don't argue with anyone, when people blame me for things, I get angry inside and I stay quiet outside. I come here and vent it out now, but before I let it rot me inside. I still have a lot to learn from a lot of people and still have a lot to teach to a lot of others. I've just begun to understand when life wants to take someone away from you, you can't hold on to them because that is where anger, hatred, self-hate, self-blame and all forms of social negativity comes from. Keeping someone that isn't supposed to stay. Well, it's raining outside and I love the rain, I hope this helps someone see another side of things and remembers that not everyone is a life partner.

Be safe, peeps. You are important to someone even if you don't know or understand why just yet.

2. George120

George120 Member

hi, silly question, why no one is permanent? ( we are mortal i understand that) but still , no permanent? soulmate is a strong word, some people had the bless in finding their soulmate, and some will spend a life time trying to find it.

AnguishExistence likes this.
  3. AnguishExistence

A soulmate is different than a life partner. Everyday people meet soulmates- new friends, strangers that strike random conversations, their children, their life partners, their exes. Nearly anyone we connect with on a deep level can be a soulmate. I say they aren't permanent as these are people that leave our lives. We tend to believe one way- that our soulmate is meant to be with us forever and that's what a life partner is for. Life partners are usually lovers, but can end up just being best friends for those that don't love anyone more than a friend-level (like myself).

I think a better understanding would be if you read this: http://foreverconscious.com/the-difference-between-soulmates-and-life-partners just keep in mind it's all about what you believe in and how you believe the world/universe works so you may see it differently than myself or the author of the article. :) Hope it's more clear than I can explain.

George120 and iam like this.
  4. George120

George120 Member

interesting, i'm a writer, a painter,and a photographer. i will definitely will look the articulate.

5. George120

George120 Member

i been having a bad week, for a long , long time, thank you fro your time. :)

6. George120

George120 Member

i been having a bad week, for a long , long time, thank you for your time. :)

iam likes this.
  7. AnguishExistence

I am glad I could be any kind of help :) I hope you have a great day today :)

George120 and iam like this.