Talking to myself [6]

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AnguishExistence, Jul 9, 2016.

1. AnguishExistence

AnguishExistence Breathe. SF Author

My past TTM posts have been pretty upsetting and I wanted to vent out some happy points. First off, music!

I like to listen to a copious amount of music from all over. France, Italy, North America and other places. I love, LOVE music from the eras of Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, Naughty By Nature, Queen Latifah, Erykah Badu, Ms. Lauryn Hill and so much more. When I'm feeling down, new mainstream music doesn't help me as much as music from before I was born and the decade of my birth. If I feel a panic attack coming on, some Nina Simone calms me down fast.

Newer artists (or rather artists of these days, but not exactly newcomers) like Akua Naru and OSHUN have the same effect. They calm me down and make life a little easier in the moment.

Movies and cartoons! Movies and cartoons are the base of my life. If I could make films, I would destroy Hollywood with my imagination [haha] for me, I love movies with a plot. Most will say, "Every movie has a plot," but that isn't necessarily true. Some movies- like recent horror films not paranormal related- don't have a point. They rely on blood and gore and jump scares to win over the scary slots. I love movies like Inception, Mr. Nobody- ones that make you think. Not so predictable. Of course, I love the silly movies and the occasional movie that doesn't make sense, but I would shove an old lady out of the way to get to a movie with a point now [haha].

With cartoons, there is no limit for me. I know the history of when cartoons first began, what inspired it all the way up to today's cartoons and what they are inspired from (if I've seen it). It's exciting, it's not just childhood for me. To me, a cartoon is supposed to help you escape from reality. Help you smile and that's why I create artwork in the style of cartoons. It creates happiness! Steven Universe.png

Games! I'm a gamer on a starving artist budget. I can't afford to be one of those gamers that can take over the world, but that would be hella awesome. My gaming selection is nothing like my movie selection. I will play almost any type of game. My most favorite game series of all time, though, is the Hitman series. Sims is an extremely close second and from there every other game is tied. I am not a professional gamer, but I will brag that my MMORPG skill set is Oh-fish-ol (official)! Though I don't normally play in groups so that might be in question.

Lastly, I love role play. I do enjoy LARP (Live Action Role Play), but more than that I love TBRP (Text-Based Role Play). To be clear and on the same page, role playing doesn't always have to do with anything x-rated. I'm into role plays that actually are a story. Where two or more people are characters they made up and those characters meet. They can fight, have a family, be on the run and manipulative and so on. There is no limit to the imagination. It helps to be someone else when you need to vent, but don't know how to talk to people. I've RP'd since 2010 and even have one story that has lasted from 2011 to this year (that's five years of TBRP with one person). It's extremely fun for anyone that's got a constant running mind. :)

Well, that's all for the day and hope you peeps have a great day/night.
    iam likes this.
  2. George120

George120 Member

you put a smile in my face, thanks.
    AnguishExistence likes this.
  3. AnguishExistence

AnguishExistence Breathe. SF Author

Glad I can help :)