Talking to myself [7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnguishExistence

Breathe.
SF Author
So I have pretty fair confidence in my artwork. I'm not amazing, but I'm pretty good at what I like to do. I went out of my comfort zone (for fun) and entered a friendly contest. I liked what I did, but that all went downhill as someone thought it best to say, "So cute and original! Really wish this one would win. I'm serious! Art is for everyone, no matter how good you are." That made me feel like crap because I went way left field on the theme. I'm not used to drawing cute things and I wasn't comfortable at all, but I still did it because the theme was Geisha & Samurai. Small tip for the complimenters out there. Pity is not a compliment.

The comment would be fitting if I stated anything about how the image came out or how I was new to the art life and my skill set was beginner. But I didn't and I'm not a beginner that needs a confidence boost with a low blow to the dignity.. that is how I felt/feel. I felt like a kid again.. where people say things and they let crap just spew out of their mouth without thinking how someone else would feel. It's not a critique comment, it's not an encouraging comment (from how I took it). I do a lot of artwork so I felt like shit after I read it. It's eating at me and I'm trying my hardest not to delete the image and remove self from contest 'cause the person doesn't know me. But it still is just... nagging at me.. Guess that's enough venting for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00