talking to myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Malcontent, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

You will make a better memory than living person. Let people remember the good things about you rather than continue to make them experience the bad
  2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

youve never made me experience anything bad,even seeing your pale bum wasnt torture :wink: the memory of you taking your own life would, however, be horrible, i know you have the strenght to get through this :hug: please talk to us or your counsellor before you do anything drastic

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Please listen to bunny hun
  4. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Mal my Pal....listen to tous or your therapist before acting on any urges...we love you buddy!!!!......Jodi
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

No Mal, don't harm yourself in any way. You've got a trip planned to see Jackie, she'd be devastated with grief. Please talk to your therapist, talk to us, hang on to us, just don't DON'T give up all hope. And don't talk to yourself, you aren't giving yourself any encouragement or good advice. Please Mal, please hold on. Your life has value and you have many friends who love you, myself included.

sending you love and hugs,:hug: :flowers: :hug:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Mal talking to self should say:

You are a wonderful human being
    You are full of promise
    You deserve and will have a wonderful life
    You have loads of people who think the world of you
    You will get a tan next time you are with bunny so she is not subjected to sight of pale bum!!!
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I agree with the 4 points Terry made. :arms: you is a star

ps. lol at the fifth point :laugh:
  8. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Hey, that's not bad! A little too optimistic, though, to use on myself.

Do you really talk to yourself like that? I talk to myself all the time, but in the third person.
  9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

So then you are really talking ABOUT yourself. I talk to myself too, unfortunately, I never have very nice things to say :)
  10. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Agreeeeeeed for sure. Take care sweetie, you are not causing more bad than good, you are special, a bright beatiful star shining down on us. :) :hug: I'm here for you anytime hun. :) :hug: :hug:
  11. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Fine, Little Miss Smarty Pants, about myself.

But more accurately, it's other, unnamed people talking amongst themselves about me. I'm just listening in while I daydream the whole thing.
  12. Esmeralda

Really? Strange. My thoughts are more like "God I'm such an asshole."
  13. lostcat95

lostcat95 Guest

I have drawn out convos all the time
  14. Esmeralda

O.K., So we all know we are nuts, so STOP listening to yourself. I've done it with some success. Just tell yourself to FUCK OFF. Nobody knows this, but I'm crazier than a shithouse rat. The good thing is that I've realized this, so I just don't listen to myself at all. Would we BE here if we had good instincts? I don't think so. We feel like we know ourselves better than anyone, so we judge ourselves harshly. We feel like we know what everyone else is thinking, which is impossible when you really look at it logically.

EVERYBODY is shithouse. This is the truth. Don't feel like you are alone. You are just people who actually have the courage to try to look at yourselves honestly. So, in the grand scheme of things, you're not really that crazy, you're just being far too honest with yourselves while caring too much what other people think.

How many minutes per day do you think most people spend thinking about you? If they LOVE you, then probably a couple of hours, off and on. If they LIKE you, then maybe a few minutes, off and on. If they are INDIFFERENT to you, probably a few seconds, off and on, if that. If they DON'T LIKE you, less than that. If they HATE you, then they probably think about you as much as someone who really loves you, only with animosity.

The bottom line is that you think about yourself a hell of a lot more than other people think about you, which is a good thing.

So try not to stress. The dramas that are playing out in your head are far more intense than anyone else could/would imagine. Be who who you are, try to like yourself, and fuck the bullshit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.